PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to get Wii games at a discount?

jess_g
12-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Now that we are getting a Wii for Christmas, we need some games to go with it. I am just looking at prices and very surprised that some of the games we like are $50. Is there any way to get popular games cheaper? And has anyone had good or bad experiences with used games from gamestop?

We are looking at:

Mario Kart
Wii Playground
Wii Carnival

to start.

Thanks,

Jessica.

egoldber
12-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Target often has older Wii games for $15-$20.

But I *highly* recommend GameStop. That's pretty much the only place we buy games (actually Sarah uses her allowance). Even better, they have a 7 day full money back return policy for used games, so you can buy a game to try and then return it if you don't like it. That has saved us from a non-refundable $50 mistake more than once!

Robyn
12-13-2008, 10:53 AM
If it's still running, Walmart has a spend $50 get $20 back from Paypal promotion. Use site to store shipping, which is free, and you can get a great deal on the pricier games like Mario Kart, or a combo of 2 games,

elliput
12-13-2008, 10:59 AM
I am going to second the Gamestop recommendation. You may want to wait until after the holiday's. There will probably be quite a few returns as people played a game to death or didn't like it.

Tinkerbell313
12-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Target often has older Wii games for $15-$20.

But I *highly* recommend GameStop. That's pretty much the only place we buy games (actually Sarah uses her allowance). Even better, they have a 7 day full money back return policy for used games, so you can buy a game to try and then return it if you don't like it. That has saved us from a non-refundable $50 mistake more than once!

Since we do not have a local GameStop (never even heard of them)...we rent games at thevideo store for $3.00 for the week. That way, we can see if we like them and if they are easy for the kids to use AND we are supporting our local stores in our town.

Karenn
12-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Target had a buy 2 get one free deal a month or two ago. I also noticed a similar BOGO type deal at TRU in the paper last week. I can't remember the details.

Sweetum
12-13-2008, 02:09 PM
The gamestop deal sounds good. However, I once bought Super Mario Galaxy for $20+$4(shipping) on EBay, and I thought it was a good deal. Also, check Craig's List - plenty of people getting rid of games they've played to death.