PDA

View Full Version : How to refuse an order?

mom2aanda
12-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Hi, can someone teach me how to refuse an order from Amazon? I bought two Vtech cameras from them last week at $39.99 each and would rather buy them at $29.99 at Radio Shack.

Usually packages are dropped off and left on my porch. Do I just take the "unopened" package back to a UPS store? If so, what happens then...does the package just go back to Amazon and once they receive it, they will credit my credit card for the full amount? Or do I open up the package and call Amazon for a return shipping label?

TIA for your help!

mjmamma
12-14-2008, 09:35 AM
My friend just dealt w/Amazon and didn't want a package due to a huge price difference at other stores. The supervisor at Amazon told her to refuse the package. (I was surprised that they told her that a doll would be charged a 10% restocking fee..but that's another issue)

If it comes via USPS, you can tell the mailman you refuse it or leave a note. If it is delivered w/o you there, you can return it, unopened to the post office, and tell them you refuse it. Do the same w/UPS..leave a SIGNED note refusing it, return it to a UPS store, or call them to come pick it up. I know w/FedEx, having a signed note was important.

You can return any Unopened package..you have the right to refuse any delivery! Good luck

**You should call them and tell them you refused it and follow up w/them. They should credit you for a full refund.

DrSally
12-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I left a note for my fedex guy that I wanted to refuse delivery of my amazon package. I happened to intercept him as well, but I think that's b/c he stopped long enough to read the note. Otherwise they drop and run. I've heard you can bring it back to UPS to refuse.

calv
12-14-2008, 11:29 AM
just a heads up. I'd be very careful about refusing packages. It's stupid that amazon employees are telling people to do this. I only say this because I had a friends' account get cancelled in addition to reading about it in other boards. Not worth the savings, KWIM?

ThreeofUs
12-14-2008, 01:14 PM
I put a sign on my door telling my delivery person that I am refusing a package - but I'm very clear about the sender, the order number, and approximate size of the box.

ett
12-14-2008, 03:06 PM
just a heads up. I'd be very careful about refusing packages. It's stupid that amazon employees are telling people to do this. I only say this because I had a friends' account get cancelled in addition to reading about it in other boards. Not worth the savings, KWIM?

I agree. I've also read on other boards about people's account getting cancelled because of this. It's really not worth it.

mom2aanda
12-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the responses! Not sure what I should do...would you refuse a package from Amazon to save $20? I buy a lot from them and wouldn't want them to cancel my account. I assume they probably wouldn't cancel over one refused package?

1964pandora
12-14-2008, 07:32 PM
I've never had a problem refusing delivery. I've done it at least 4 times. I either leave a note out for the UPS carrier, nicely stating that I need to refuse delivery of the package from X, or tell the UPS carrier in person.

However, this practice may be catching on too well through internet discussion so it sounds like companies are now addressing it.

Susan

strollerqueen
12-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I would think if a lot of people are doing it, companies would be losing big bucks in shipping both ways.