PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a great punch recipe?

MommyAllison
12-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Bonus points if it is kid friendly (aka doesn't stain ;) ) - thanks!

caleymama
12-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I have made this (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Aileens-Punch/Detail.aspx) punch a couple of times now and it was well received. It's kid friendly in the sense that it shouldn't stain, but it does have soda in it. FYI, I made the ice cubes for it out of extra pineapple juice and apricot nectar so that it wouldn't be diluted by regular ice cubes. Also, I couldn't find a big can of apricot nectar so I used smaller soda-can sized cans (Kern's was the brand, I think).

MommyAllison
12-15-2008, 03:34 AM
Ooh that sounds nice and easy - and good! Thanks! And you know, I never thought of the fact that punch has soda. We don't allow DD to have soda, but she has punch at weddings. Whoops! :)

caleymama
12-15-2008, 09:39 AM
And you know, I never thought of the fact that punch has soda. We don't allow DD to have soda, but she has punch at weddings. Whoops! :)

LOL. We don't give soda to our girls either, but we've let them have punch when we've served it. They have no idea they're drinking soda (which older DD doesn't care for on its own anyway b/c of the carbonation - it "sizzles her tongue") and since we have punch maybe once a year I have no problem with them enjoying some. I just wasn't sure what qualified as "kid friendly," so I mentioned it.

MommyAllison
12-21-2008, 02:10 AM
Just had to say thank you - we made and served the punch today and that recipe was really good!!

caleymama
12-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Just had to say thank you - we made and served the punch today and that recipe was really good!!

Yay! Glad it worked for you! :)