PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find this toy!

SweetTooth
12-15-2008, 06:39 AM
I am looking for a Fisher Price Imaginext Adventures Castle. Looks like TRU had it on sale for $19.98 but they are out of stock. I've looked everywhere, online and at b&m stores (Target, Walmart, K-Mart, Kohls) and cannot find it anywhere. Anyone know where I might find one at a reasonable price? Amazon has them for sale for $100+ right now!
TIA for any tips.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3150628

pinkmomagain
12-15-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm wondering if you go into your local TRU, if they can do a look up and see if another store in your general area has one?

julymommy
12-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Not the ideal solution, but I just did a quick look and there are some on ebay. They aren't NIB though - maybe you could get it and then have it set up under the tree? That way the box wouldn't be a big deal?

ECMom
12-15-2008, 11:50 AM
It is in-stock right now (10:50 am EST) on toysrus.com for $19.98.

ETA: That must have been a fluke. It's OOS again at 11:15 am EST. Can your local Toys R Us store check inventory at other stores in your area for you?

SweetTooth
12-17-2008, 03:16 AM
Thank you for your tips. I looked on Ebay and called around to Toys R Us stores. I was just about to post a wanted ad on Craigslist when I decided to check the TRU website & like the PP wrote, I saw the castle available for $19.98! I quickly ordered one, knowing it may be a fluke and sure enough, it was OOS a few minutes later. I did receive a confirmation email, so I hope it goes through!
Thanks again.

SweetTooth
12-19-2008, 03:02 AM
It was too good to be true. I received an email from TRU indicating that they cancelled my order. Bummer! Just wanted to post an update in case anybody else was in a similar situation.