PDA

View Full Version : mattress pad for pack-n-play?

lmh2402
12-15-2008, 11:15 AM
i've read (and seen) that the bassinet bottom of the pack-n-play is not exactly thick or comfortable looking.

but i also know that you're not supposed to create a soft surface for baby anyway, right?

so do you suggest getting a mattress (or mattress pad) for the bassinet?

we're planning to use this for baby's bed in our bedroom until they transition into the crib in their own room.

if you do think it's a good idea, which product did you get/do you recommend?

i've also read complaints about them not fitting the graco pack-n-play quite snuggly enough...creating a possible safety risk b/c of the spaces along the sides.

thanks!

Tondi G
12-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I bought an eddie bauer brand quilted fleece PnP sheet at Target and it seemed to make it a little more comfy.

http://www.target.com/Eddie-Bauer-Quilted-Playpen-Sheet/dp/B000COUOVO/ref=sc_ri_2?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=16FKPKFDYYJC9B01XYSR&pf_rd_p=465348991&pf_rd_i=B000CQC4TC&pf_rd_s=bottom-11&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=201

Davids-Coco
12-15-2008, 05:25 PM
I looked into the mattresses and just didn't like how they fit. I used the pnp "mattress" with DS and he didn't complain. He just recently slept perfectly fine on the same mattress type with two of the graco quilted sheets over it (on vacation).

I would say you are fine at first, especially when SIDS risks are higher. If later there seems to be comfort issues, then I would try the quilted sheet. And if that still doesn't work, maybe it is time to move to the crib. We were able to keep DS in our room until about 10 months and then transitioned to crib.

zag95
12-15-2008, 11:34 PM
I also used the EB pack n play sheet from Target... it is nice in the winter and for trips to the beach- it is a little softer and cushier than your standard pack n play sheet!

wendibird22
12-16-2008, 09:19 AM
DD slept in her PNP bassinet for the 1st 6 weeks of life and still sleeps in a PNP at daycare for naps. She has had no problem sleeping on the thin "mattress" that comes with it.

SpaceGal
12-31-2008, 02:05 AM
We got the Eddie Bauer PNP fleecey sheet/cover thing too very comfy and soft. It was a big improvement to the flat mattress.

I guess if you really are concerned with comfort you could put a blanket layer under the sheet to pad the mattress a bit. I put a waterproof pad under the Eddie Bauer sheet just to make sure that DC wouldn't soil the mattress itself since it would hard to clean.