PDA

View Full Version : Website that makes grocery lists for you?

elektra
12-15-2008, 11:38 PM
So DH and I are hosting both a small Christmas Eve dinner at our house with my small side of the family that will be 7 adults and DD. And then somehow Christmas Day with DH's immediate family, plus mine ended up at our house too! There will be about 45 people. We have hosted DH's family's parties at our house but it's always been more potluck where I don't actually cook anything. Not this time! I mean people will still bring stuff but we are going to need to do the main dishes.
So DH asked me tonight if there was a website where you put in all the dishes you want to do somehow and it spits out a complete grocery list for you. Anyone heard of anything like that?

I know that the Rachael Ray magazine for what to eat in a week has something like this. But I don't know any websites.

Did I mention that I don't really cook?! Luckily DH has more experience doing turkeys and such but I am going to have to do my part too.
I have been browsing the "Easy Baking" thread and "What are you having for Christmas Dinner" thread and I'm getting some great ideas already. Thanks everyone!

ThreeofUs
12-16-2008, 05:52 AM
No, but I'd love to know of one. We use a list we developed from the MS word grocery list template (file, project gallery, home essentials).

elephantmeg
12-19-2008, 10:29 PM
allrecipes.com does. I've never used that function but their recipes rock!