PDA

View Full Version : What is Bakugan?

new_mommy25
12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
My nephew came home with a few Bakugan guys yesterday and he and Noah played with them for hours. Noah declared them the coolest thing EVER and has now been talking about them non-stop. I'm already done shopping for him but I thought maybe I'd pick up a couple figures for his stocking if I can find them and they are not ridiculously expensive.

Where do I even start? Noah wants the game but that will have to wait until after Xmas. My nephew has the little guys that you put on the card and pop open. My nephew is 3 so really doesn't know what he is doing. Noah is 5 and reading so I think he will be able to figure everything out.

Any advice?

nicknack
12-16-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't know a ton about them but there are figures and then these things that you roll and a marble pops out or something? Ha, clearly I know nothing!

But they are WILDLY popular. At TRU they put a limit on how many you can buy at once, so I'm thinking you might have a hard time finding them so close to xmas unless you get to TRU right when they open after a shipment?

kijip
12-16-2008, 03:46 PM
These were on a lot of lists this year for boys at my work. I ordered a ton from Amazon. It's a game with different card packs and action figures. The figures were like $5-7 each (on sale) at Amazon.

KrisM
12-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Each of the characters, have different abilities and each marble has a different g power. The power is a tiny little number on the marble somewhere. I do not know how to play, but I do know some figures and some powers are more valuable to the game than others.

If you get some, get a Bakutin to hold them or they'll be everywhere.

If you can't find any in the stores, let me know.