PDA

View Full Version : Belly ache, what to give?

Twoboos
12-18-2008, 01:26 PM
DD2 has been complaining of a stomach ache all morning, with a temp of 100.2. We are out of ginger ale (of course!) and don't want to drag her out. She's had a few saltines and I gave her the usual probiotic this morning. she's laying on the floor watching a movie with a bucket by her side, poor thing.

What else can I give her? I tried "fuzzy water" but she didn't like it. I've been thinking maybe baking soda & water, but I doubt she'll drink that.

any ideas? TIA!

brittone2
12-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Maybe some peppermint tea if she'll drink it? Candied ginger to chew on?

The probiotics are good too.

I hope she's feeling better soon.

Twoboos
12-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Ohh, I'll try the pep tea. Of course we also don't have any candied ginger... but we have TJ's holiday ginger cookies, maybe those will work! :) (as if I would waste those to possibly be puked up!)

brittone2
12-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Ohh, I'll try the pep tea. Of course we also don't have any candied ginger... but we have TJ's holiday ginger cookies, maybe those will work! :) (as if I would waste those to possibly be puked up!)

Most gingerale doesn't even contain real ginger, but I bet the ginger cookies do. Maybe worth a try (have her pace herself ;) )

I hope she feels better soon. It is so hard to see them hurting.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-18-2008, 02:03 PM
A bit of Chamomile tea might help, too.

brittone2
12-18-2008, 02:05 PM
good idea on the chamomile. My kids love that :) (well, they pretty much love all tea ;) )

Twoboos
12-18-2008, 02:17 PM
well, I found some ginger tea and after 2 sips DD announced she did not like it. Now she's asleep on the floor. I'll try peppermint and/or chamomile next. We'll see what happens!

I suppose she won't be able to go to the last day of daycare before christmas break tomorrow... UGH. so much for last minute christmas errands!!

lisams
12-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Try making a warm pack she can rest on her belly. If you have any long-ish socks, just pour some rice in it, tie the end and microwave it for 1-2 minutes (test it by laying it on your arm to make sure it's not too hot). If she can curl up with it on her belly, it may make her feel a little better.

Hope she's on the mend soon. It's such a bummer to have sick kids during the holidays.

MommyAllison
12-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Our go-to book for sick kids recommends raw honey to settle upset stomachs, if they're over 1 year old. Hope she feels better soon!