PDA

View Full Version : Pack N Play w/ changing table

poletskim
12-18-2008, 07:11 PM
We have a 2 story house, bedrooms upstairs. I was planning to get a pack n play for the main level of the house where the kitchen & living spaces are, but I also want to have a "changing station" on the main floor. I could repurpose a sofa table, or buy a pack n play with a changer on it. What are your thoughts? I read in one post that the pack n play changer isn't all that great, but is it all that bad?

infomama
12-18-2008, 07:23 PM
We used the changing table portion of our pnp until DD was too long for it which was many months. I have no complaints. If you are buying a pnp just for the changing table aspect, then I would suggest using your alternative. DD napped in it, played in it and it was her travel crib so it was a good purchase for us.

Nyfeara
12-18-2008, 08:19 PM
We bought a PNP for our first floor as well. We got our use out of the changing table part for months and DS slept in the bassinet part early on. It was definitely convenient and we don't regret the purchase.

wendibird22
12-18-2008, 08:41 PM
We used the changing table portion of our pnp until DD was too long for it which was many months. I have no complaints. If you are buying a pnp just for the changing table aspect, then I would suggest using your alternative. DD napped in it, played in it and it was her travel crib so it was a good purchase for us.

Ditto. We used ours pretty regularly on our main floor for at least the first 6 mos. It has also gone on a few trips with us.

kijip
12-18-2008, 08:54 PM
We loved the PNP and changer we had for our older son. Now that we are on a multi level house- that is totally what we are doing. Co-sleeper+changing table in our room and then downstairs a PNP w/changing attachment in the space between the living and dining rooms.

pb&j
12-18-2008, 09:19 PM
I love ours - it's worked great. No complaints. I especially like that ours has the elevated changing surface so you don't have to bend down.

We're on baby #2 with it and between the changer and the bassinet, we have definitely gotten our money's worth out of this one.

scrooks
12-18-2008, 09:22 PM
I have the same comments of everyone else. Used the changing table and the bassinet feature on for the first few months on our main floor. No regrets on the purchase....I do have a buying tip. I ended up getting a second pnp for my inlaws house(a graco with changing table and bassinet) half off last year on New years day at target...the were clearing out all the old stuff. You may want to look after xmas and you might find a great deal.

caheinz
12-18-2008, 11:58 PM
I love ours - it's worked great. No complaints. I especially like that ours has the elevated changing surface so you don't have to bend down.

We're on baby #2 with it and between the changer and the bassinet, we have definitely gotten our money's worth out of this one.

Ditto on all of this here (except that our #2 brought #3 as well!)

misshollygolightly
12-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Yup--just chiming in with everyone else! The PNP changer and bassinet were great for the first two months--before we moved DS into his own room at night. Plus, my feeling was that the cost of getting the Graco PNP w/ changer and bassinet wasn't much more than getting a regular PNP (granted, we didn't get any extra bells & whistles like the vibrating bassinet function, etc.). So well worth the slightly extra $. Oh, one thing: the little pockets on the PNP were handy, but not nearly big enough to old sufficient diapers and changing accessories for us, so we borrowed a shelf on a nearby bookcase for our extra supplies. All this to say that if you're wanting this to be a full-fledged changing station, you might need some extra storage room nearby.

KarenLud
12-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I have the same comments of everyone else. Used the changing table and the bassinet feature on for the first few months on our main floor. No regrets on the purchase....I do have a buying tip. I ended up getting a second pnp for my inlaws house(a graco with changing table and bassinet) half off last year on New years day at target...the were clearing out all the old stuff. You may want to look after xmas and you might find a great deal.

Great tip! Thanks!