PDA

View Full Version : M&D Easel Owners - Bulk sheet paper size?

MMMommy
12-19-2008, 01:57 AM
For those of you that have the M&D Easel, I'm thinking of ordering a big bulk pack of paper sheets in 18" x 24" size. Would this fit the M&D Easel using the easel clips? The M&D Easel Pad paper is 18" x 20", and I wasn't sure if the 4" difference in the bulk paper matters (i.e. too big). Too big? Just right?

The 12" x 18" pack is significantly cheaper. Is that way too small for the drawing area of the easel?

Mainly for painting, but some drawing too.

Thanks!

jerigirl
12-19-2008, 10:31 AM
It is 24 inches from the very top edge to the very bottom edge of the white board side. It should cover almost the whole surface except for a little bit on each side.

MMMommy
12-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks, Jeri! Do you think the 12" x 18" would okay for painting and drawing? I know it wouldn't cover the entire face of the easel, but is that size sufficient for artwork?

jerigirl
12-19-2008, 02:14 PM
the 12x18 probably would be fine. if you wanted to do a "big" piece of art you could tape 2 pieces together. To be honest I haven't painted with DS at home on our easel. He just uses washable markers or crayons or colored pencils on the paper or uses the chalkboard. Any of the markers (and probably paint) would wipe/wash off of the dry erase side if you wipe it up quickly. I haven't tried any dry erase markers yet either since I have heard on here that even the "washable" ones aren't really washable. I would say try the 12x18 and if you find it doesn't work, save it for table top work and get the bigger stuff for the easel.

alien_host
12-19-2008, 03:14 PM
If you know anyone that's moved, it seems like the "packing" paper that the movers use to wrap stuff w/ would be a decent size - it's a little thin but it would cover the easel I think.

I just moved and have a ton of it - it's a little wrinkled, but I think it will work...and I'd rather recycle it.

just a thought if it is just for your kids (not a gift) and you have friends/neighbors who just moved.