PDA

View Full Version : Festive holiday drinks

bnme
12-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Any ideas for festive holiday drinks for pre-dinner or dessert? Looking for both alcoholic and non. My only ideas so far are sparkling grape or apple juice and egg nog. Any recipes or brand-favorites for egg nog?

TIA!

trentsmom
12-19-2008, 10:32 AM
We always like Red Rooster (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/red-rooster-recipe4/index.html) at Christmas. It's a frozen cranberry/orange/vodka slushy drink. Mmmmm!

Red Rooster

1 1/2 quarts cranberry juice cocktail
1 (6 oz) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 cups vodka

Combine all of the ingredients in a large plastic container. Freeze for several hours. (We make it at least a day ahead so that it will have time to freeze.) It will not freeze solid, but rather achieve the consistency of a slushy. Scoop into punch cups or wine glasses and serve.

misshollygolightly
12-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Similar to a PP, but maybe Mimosa (OJ and champagne) or Poinsettia (cranberry juice and champagne). That's what we'll be having this year with our Christmas brunch. I figured I'd freeze some fresh cranberries in some ice cubes and toss those in for added festive-ness :-)

luvmypeanut
12-22-2008, 10:00 PM
I just made some Peppermint Patties (chocolate vodka, peppermint schnapps and creme de cacao) and Butter Balls (butterscotch schnapps, amaretto and Baileys Irish Creme) for our trolley ride around town to see the lights. And I just love a good cup of mulled wine.

amldaley
12-23-2008, 05:22 PM
OJ with Ginger Ale.