PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of decent maternity pantyhose?

catpagmo
12-19-2008, 05:33 PM
I am looking for maternity pantyhose, which I am not excited about. However, I am starting to get some crazy veins on my legs, and thought that the hose might help a bit. I tried a search, but the only results were from 2004! I'm hoping there may be some new recommendations out there.

Any insights would be appreciated ladies!

Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
12-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Spanx makes some, but I wasn't about to try the $28 or $38 variety. The HUE Age Defiance pair for $10 has worked well for me for 3 events now! I'm sooooo much more comfortable in them than I am in pants. Got them at Mimi/Motherhood.

catpagmo
12-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! I will check them out!

amldaley
12-19-2008, 08:42 PM
I had a pair of Spanx and them some from the JC Penny website.

jench
12-20-2008, 09:24 AM
I just used regular (i.e., cheap!) hose and cut them down the front center seam as needed. Then they fit "below the belly" (I don't like pants over my belly either).

Jen
DD4
DS1

jench
12-20-2008, 09:55 AM
oops, I guess I can't edit posts yet. I meant to add that I only resorted to the "cutting" after trying some Mimi Maternity hose that seemed to fit the same (maybe only slightly looser at the top) as "regular" hose AND I got a run in them the 1st day I wore them. Grrrr...

Jen
DD4
DS1

WatchingThemGrow
12-20-2008, 10:05 AM
When I tried the cutting technique, it gave me nothing but misery as they rolled down every time I stood. The HUE AD ones go all the way up to your bra whereas some of the others only go mid-belly, which doesn't seem like it would work.

Melbel
12-20-2008, 10:24 AM
I absolutely HATED maternity panty hose. While pregnant, I opted for non-maternity thigh high hose instead when I needed to wear hose for work.

nrp
12-20-2008, 10:26 AM
I liked the Mama Spanx, but they are expensive for what they are. Could you try regular support hose (the kind with the light compression for varicose veins) in a couple of sizes larger than your regular size?

catpagmo
12-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I'm not thrilled about paying a lot of $ for the Spanx version, either. I'm going to try and get the HUE AD variety and see how they work. I don't think the cutting technique will work for me, with the rolling down the belly issue and all. Same for thigh highs...I don't want to be constantly pulling at them. I may also try sizing up like Nikki suggested.

Thanks all!

Puddy73
12-26-2008, 07:09 PM
If your veins start to hurt, you should talk to your OB about wearing compression hose. They are not attractive and are an absolute pain the butt to get on, but they make your legs feel sooo much better. This is the cheapest site that I've found for compression hose:

http://www.ameswalker.com/

misshollygolightly
12-26-2008, 07:48 PM
I actually really liked the pair I bought at Motherhood. FWIW, I'm on the petite-end of the spectrum...about 5'2" and about 130 lbs pregnant. I thought that the Motherhood tights stayed up well without cutting into my tummy.

wrenb
12-31-2008, 06:34 PM
There was a thread last month here (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=308659).

I hated the maternity hose I tried and have switched entirely to thigh highs. I would guess that it depends a lot on your body shape and how low/high you carry. In my case I started out as an apple and carry the baby pretty low, so the expansion panel on the tights didn't start until well above where I needed it to.