PDA

View Full Version : Every pregnancy is different...

WatchingThemGrow
12-19-2008, 11:20 PM
So funny, but the first time, my bra was the first thing I grew out of. Second time, I wore my little bras up until my milk came in - no extender or anything. This time, 15 weeks and I'm moving up. So weird... DH is psyched.

I'm wondering if I'll gain 51 or 35 lbs this time.

Anyone else have variations in each pg?

KrisM
12-19-2008, 11:29 PM
I gained 48, 33, and 25 lbs for each of my pregnancies. With DS1, I was in maternity at 13 weeks. With DD, I was in it at 22 weeks, and DS 2 wasn't until about 25 weeks!

Not pregnancy, but my boobs are much smaller this time while nursing than any other time. My good friend had to stop nursing for her to take some medication and she asked me to try to sell her nursing bras for her. I was nearly done nursing DD then, but they were still 2 cups too small. I tried selling them, with no luck. Then, after DS2, I bought them myself as they fit perfectly!

SASM
12-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Congratulations! I had to laugh b/c I saw your name "WatchingThem Grow"...now it is literally...HA! :)

I will say that all three of my term pgs were roughly the same, symptom-wise, with the exception of the waistline. With pg#3 I was easily in maternity clothes by Week 9, whereas with pg#1 I was barely in them by Week 18. :(

That being said, my friend is pg with #4 and she is BARELY showing. She is due in the beginning of Feb!! I am talking that she told her three kids (ages 9-3.5) & rest of the family at Thanksgiving that she was pregnant and they were SHOCKED!! She is a stick...and she eats! So...I am assuming that her pgs are all the same...sooooooo wrong!!!!! So genetically WRONG!!! :(

brittone2
12-19-2008, 11:32 PM
With both kids, I gained almost the exact same amount of weight (37-38 lbs,). It was like 1 lb more with DD, but she was born a week later than DS. Both kids were the same weight and length at birth (8lbs 4oz, 20.5 inches long).

Weird.

I had almost no morning sickness with DS...some nausea, but not much. I threw up a lot with DD, but fortunately it ended by 10-11 weeks.

I have small boobs and they never grow in pregnancy. Just while nursing. Even then, still pretty small once stuff settles down after the first few weeks. :ROTFLMAO:

eta: I was also huge in my belly with both pregnancies. With DS, I swear my belly was like a long watermelon. I am short and have a really short torso, so it ALL gets pushed out in front. I looked like I was having twins or triplets. I had a huge belly. It was also pretty huge with DD, but not quite as "long" shaped as it was with DS.

WatchingThemGrow
12-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Congratulations! I had to laugh b/c I saw your name "WatchingThem Grow"...now it is literally...HA! :)

:ROTFLMAO: