PDA

View Full Version : bathing suits? and fit flops??

bubbaray
12-19-2008, 11:26 PM
OK, help a girl out. We're going to Maui next month. I look lumpy and frumpy and I'm NOT happy about this. I will be spending the majority of my time on the beach or at the pool.

I have a lot of lap suits (speedo). Love them, I look like a sausage. Nice. I have a number of LE tankinis. They are OK. Nothing great.

I have a bunch of pre-children Venus bikinis. That haven't seen the light of day since I got PG with DD#1. Trust me, I am NOT wearing them anytime soon (even though they technically fit). Not a pretty sight.

I was looking at tankinis at Victoria's Secret, there is a Miracle Bra one that looks promising. http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9G-228090&page=1&cgname=OSSWMTNKZZZ&rfnbr=157

I don't like the belted bottom, I would do a solid black bottom. Thoughts??? Too young? Too revealing?

What about this coverup? http://www.landsend.com/pp/RefinedJerseyHoodieTunicCoverup~191501_59.html?bcc =y&action=order_more&sku_0=::WHI&CM_MERCH=IDX_00002__0000000140&origin=index

Also, VS sells FitFlops. Are they worth $50??? I've read to size down -- I'm an 8.5/9 (usually 8.5). Should I order an 8??? How are they in length for toes -- I have long toes. Gross, I know.

TIA!!

jerigirl
12-20-2008, 12:54 AM
I like that tankini. You don't have to do the belted bottom. It looks like you can do a scoop bottom. Solid black would be nice or it looks like you could choose the poppy print with black trim. The cover up it cute too. I haven't tried on the Fitflops so I am not sure how they fit. I am jealous! I would love to go to Maui next month!

graciebellesmomma
12-20-2008, 06:12 AM
I am in Maui right now!

I love the suit. It's darling. I'd get the scoop bottom if you can.
I can honestly say that I don't think that you need that
cover up. It is so warm over here. I just throw a tank top
on over my suit to get to the pool or the beach. I love the
Fit Flops. I don't have a pair, but my friend who is here
has a pair and LOVES them. She has the cutest pair of
silver lame ones that she got in Ireland. I'm on the
hunt for them! I just wear my Reef flip flops.

Where are you staying? Have a wonderful time!

WatchingThemGrow
12-20-2008, 08:49 AM
I thought part of the fun of going to Maui was to buy a fun suit, flops, and sunglasses there as a souvenirs. That's what we did! That suit is cute, though!

bubbaray
12-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks ladies!

Graciebellesmommy -- I just PMd you. I found you some FitFlops retailers on Maui. I'm an enabler, LOL! Thanks for letting me know I might not need the coverup. I might get that one anyway as it'll get lots of use in general, not just on this trip.

WTG, that is a good point about buying a bathing suit there. Hmmmm. Definitely gonna look into getting the fitflops there so I can figure out the fit.

Babymakes3
12-20-2008, 11:45 AM
I have the black patent fitflops and I bought an 8 instead of sizing down to a 7, i'm normally a 7.5, but only because my feet were swollen while I was pregnant and wouldn't fit in the 7. I feel like the sizing down/fit issue isn't so much in length its in the fit in general because the thong part is big and you have to size down so you don't walk out of them. Mine are a bit big now that my feet are back to their normal state! Definitely try them on if you can!

I bought mine with a coupon at Macy's so I wouldn't pay $50 for them at VS, although VS has a 25% off code out right now you might be able to use!

graciebellesmomma
12-22-2008, 06:37 AM
Thanks! I'm on the hunt!

There are sooooo many cute bathing suits here. I'd just bring the one that you dislike the least and get a couple of new ones while here. My favorite swimsuit shop is in Paia and is called Maui Girl. They have the BEST and cutest suits. Gorgeous patterns. Super fun hats and bags. This is the first year that I haven't bought myself a suit and one for my daughter. I'm trying to stick to a budget, but I saw about 5 yesterday that I would have died to buy!

BeachBum
12-22-2008, 09:15 AM
I think the suit is really cute. I like the belted bottom :) I've had good luck with the bra tops from VS. But I haven't tried that miracle type.

I would go ahead and get the suit and cover up. But then plan on getting another on vacation. That way, you'll still feel cute even if you don't get to shop right away or at all while you're there.

Zansu
12-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Don't bother with a coverup, just buy a pareau once you get there. They're so inexpensive, and come in so many fun prints.