PDA

View Full Version : Food strike in nearly 2yo?

bubbaray
12-20-2008, 04:30 PM
OK, I'm stumped. DD#1 didn't go through this phase (and I sure HOPE its a phase).

DD#2 is refusing to eat for us. She will eat at daycare, but DH is currently feeding her (she's been feeding herself for a long time now) -- she did not eat a thing for dinner last night, barely ate any breakfast. THe no dinner thing has been going on for nearly 2weeks now. Usually she eats more than I do for breakfast (probably to make up for no dinners and smaller dinners before the complete dinner strike).

She's not sick (though her poop has been kinda runny the last 2 days -- but she's barely eating any solids).

I'm stumped. Anyone??

WatchingThemGrow
12-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Our DD has been doing the same thing for a while now. HUGE breakfast, some lunch, little dinner. IIRC, that's what Ellyn Satter (or someone) says they'll do around now. They eat the most in the morning. Sometimes when I've given the afternoon snack late, that has affected it a little, but I know how you're feeling. You look at them and say, "Really, two bites of tomato is your whole dinner? Really?" I think it is just a phase.

psophia17
12-20-2008, 06:50 PM
That's what DS2 does. DS1 ate like a horse from the getgo, DS2 is Mr. Picky. I choose to just go with it - I have no desire to make whether or not he eats a battle for control, kwim?

It could also be 2yr molars...

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-20-2008, 06:52 PM
I think my DD eats more when she is growing, and less when she isn't. She is in an eating less stage. My dogs benefit greatly from this! I know it is frustrating but if DC is growing okay, it is probably just a stage. I wish I had some great advice, but I haven't figured it out for myself yet!

bubbaray
12-20-2008, 07:19 PM
It could also be 2yr molars...

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! How could I forget. OMG, the horror.... Darn teeth. That makes sense.... Would explain the less-solid poops too. Every other "tooth" she's gotten, she's gotten in pairs too. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

pastrygirl
12-20-2008, 07:21 PM
My son just turned 2.5 and is starting to not eat very much. This, after PIGGING OUT for 6 months. I couldn't get enough food into him. I'm surprised that he suddenly doesn't want to eat, and is becoming picky. I was hoping he'd skipped the picky phase... he used to eat everything.

WatchingThemGrow
12-21-2008, 12:04 AM
I think my DD eats more when she is growing, and less when she isn't. She is in an eating less stage. My dogs benefit greatly from this!

LOL we don't have a dog, but voracious DS benefits greatly from DD's leftovers.