PDA

View Full Version : Steak... yeah, the good stuff...what cut?

amldaley
12-20-2008, 08:51 PM
DH and I are doing Christmas simple this year with our hands full with dd. We have decided to splurge on a couple of GREAT steaks that dh will grill (we grill year round). I want to place an order with the butcher...but the best we ever get is strip steak, sirloin etc.

What should I order? Nothing too tender...I am off tenderloin and other soft meats right now...they oogey me out.

Recommendations?????????????

MMMommy
12-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Ribeye all the way! My all time favorite cut of beef is ribeye. Beef back ribs are also good (prime rib bones). Mmmm!

BeachBum
12-21-2008, 07:02 AM
I prefer a tenderloin and DH prefers a Delmonico (which I think is a premium ribeye cut).

kijip
12-21-2008, 12:28 PM
I'd vote for ribeye too!

brittone2
12-22-2008, 02:09 PM
DH and I like NY strips or ribeye.

boolady
12-22-2008, 02:59 PM
DH and I also like ribeye. If you like a sliced steak, a grilled hangar steak, seared and medium rare to medium on the inside is really good, sliced very thinly, too.

ahrimie
12-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I prefer a tenderloin and DH prefers a Delmonico (which I think is a premium ribeye cut).

we normally eat strip but sometimes, i get in a mood for a delmonico or ribeye too :) at my grocery, there are the regular steaks and premium ones (same cuts, just a lot more expensive).. if you like the strip, get the premium ones. strip is always so good anyway :)

PS. the steak seasoning they sell at costco is REALLY good and really cheap. that's all we put on our steaks.. and everyone who comes over to eat it always asks how we marinade them. we dont! =)

ThreeofUs
12-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Ribeye or Delmonico for us when we want a steak treat. Though I have to admit that a t-bone is also good sometimes.

amldaley
12-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Well, Harris Teeter (our "fancy" grocery store...25 miles away) had steak on sale, so we got ribeye AND NY strip!` Their were out of T bones and they have to special order hangar and delmonico.

Thanks the ideas everyone...I'll think of you when we are feasting!!!!