PDA

View Full Version : missing "delivered" Christmas gifts

Twoboos
12-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Crap. Last night I went through the pile of boxes/bags/shipments we've gotten over the past weeks, and realized there was only 1 box from SIL w/1 toy for the girls. I asked her if this was right - not to be greedy! But b/c I know DH's fam is very big on Stocking gifts, and there were none for any of us.

She had shipped USPS w/delivery confirmation, and on Tues it said they were delivered, so she chucked the receipt thingy. And we don't have 'em. Crap!

I am going to the post office tomorrow to check. And I'm hoping they still show up, small town post office and all. ANy other ideas/options for me??? SIL usually sends great gifts - not necessarily the most $$, but definitely well thought out stuff that we enjoy. This sucks.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-21-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm sorry! This stinks! Try the post office. Could they have put them on the side of the house, or out of sight? Do you have individual boxes or a community type one?

bubbaray
12-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Maybe ask your neighbors -- we often get each other's mail by accident.

GL, that stinks!

Twoboos
12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm sorry! This stinks! Try the post office. Could they have put them on the side of the house, or out of sight? Do you have individual boxes or a community type one?

THey would have just come to our house. If they're on the side of the house, we'll find them in the spring. We just got 18in or so of snow in the past 3 days!! :ROTFLMAO:

I am also going to check w/the neighbors. If they are like me they're just getting boxes and moving them to a "holding" area before opening/wrapping and might not have noticed.

wellyes
12-21-2008, 08:47 PM
One we had a UPS guy hide a delivery by putting it under the steps on our side porch. THAT took a while to figure out!

I do know of one guy who accepted delivery of a HD LCD TV - was supposed to go to neighbors. Dreadful person, because now the neighbors who PAID for the TV couldn't get restitution from Best Buy because they had proof the thing was delivered! UPS guy just went to the wrong house. Anyway, I doubt most people would stoop that low (certainly not over stocking gifts!) so I'm sure your package will turn up :) .

Twoboos
12-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Yay! I talked to the postman and he found it! he thinks it was mis-delivered somewhere else (maybe in town, or not) and then put back in the mail. This would explain the delivery confirmation.

YAY! :cheerleader1: What a relief!

ahrimie
12-22-2008, 05:54 PM
oh my, so glad you found it!!! i just saw on the news of people stealing delivered packages in front of people's homes! tough times can bring out the worst in some people :(

MMMommy
12-22-2008, 05:59 PM
One we had a UPS guy hide a delivery by putting it under the steps on our side porch. THAT took a while to figure out!

I do know of one guy who accepted delivery of a HD LCD TV - was supposed to go to neighbors. Dreadful person, because now the neighbors who PAID for the TV couldn't get restitution from Best Buy because they had proof the thing was delivered! UPS guy just went to the wrong house. Anyway, I doubt most people would stoop that low (certainly not over stocking gifts!) so I'm sure your package will turn up :) .

Wow, that's pretty bad. I'm curious to know, did the neighbors ever get the tv back from the awful, stealing neighbor?