PDA

View Full Version : No naps and waking to play

SnuggleBuggles
12-21-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm having day time problems (no longer napping) and night time problems where he wants to wake up and play or eat all night long 2-3 nights/ week (normal sleep on the other nights- you never know what you are going to get and that stinks!). When he does have a bad night he can be up from 2-4 hours!

He just turned 1.

He used to nap reliably every day for 2-3 hours then he got sick. All of a sudden he stopped napping consistently. It's been going on 2+ weeks. It doesn't matter if you put him down asleep or awake- he starts crying as soon as he hits the crib and he won't settle back down. He's perfectly happy when you get him and isn't all sleep deprived and cranky during the day. But, I know he needs to nap. I need him to nap. :)

Some nights he has been waking up to play. I'll get him to nurse him (thinking that's what he wants) and instead he smiles, looks wide eyed and is ready to play. We have always, always kept lights off and no talking in the middle of the night so it's not like we have trained him to play at night or that night time was for fun.

Any thoughts?

Beth