PDA

View Full Version : Would you take your 7 months old to Disney World?

kusumat
12-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Dh is going to Orlando in last February(still the flu season??) for a business trip. I have been thinking about going with him and takin both our children (2.5yr and 7 mos) to visit Disney World. I am not sure whether it is a good idea because DC2 is still very young. Anyone with similar experience and wouldn't mind sharing? Thank you.

maestramommy
12-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Your 2.5 yo is old enough to really enjoy it, and your baby will be free;) If he's the type that can nap on the go, should be okay.

I think I went to Disneyland when Dora was almost 2.5 and Arwyn was 8 months. We had a blast! Dora napped in the stroller for a little bit, and Arwyn stayed in the carrier most of the time, so sometimes she slept. We did go with my sister's family and my mom, so between us we had 3 strollers and a bunch of adults to help out. I dont' know if I would do it alone without even Dh. It really depends on the kids.

brittone2
12-22-2008, 02:48 PM
I think it depends on the kid. My children never were great about napping in the stroller/on the go, and hated the stroller in general. I like babywearing but trekking around Disney with a little one and a toddler probably would have worn me out LOL. But...if your kids are happy to hang out and ride in the stroller, etc. it is probably worth a shot!

WatchingThemGrow
12-22-2008, 02:51 PM
I'd totally do it. Central Florida doesn't have flu season like areas that get cold weather. I think it would be awesome there then. I'm jealous.

egoldber
12-22-2008, 03:19 PM
We took Amy to WDW at 3 months and 6 months.

She is not at all a good sleeper (VERY much an understatement :ROTFLMAO: ) but honestly she slept better at WDW than she has EVER slept at home. I joked to DH that I wanted to move there. ;)

g-mama
12-22-2008, 03:19 PM
We've done it two times with babies about that age. Like others have said, if they're good about being in the stroller, you should be fine. I wouldn't go, though, unless dh were going to go, too. We'd take turns going on the rides with the older child while ther other parent waited with the baby. If you didn't have another adult, you wouldn't be able to do much at all.

mdb78
12-22-2008, 04:34 PM
We took dd to Disneyland in January and she was almost 8 months old. We only planned to be there until early afternoon, but we stayed till after dark. DD was a trooper and she seemed to enjoy it.

I grew up in FL and now we're back living here. The weather is beautiful this time of year. Sure we'll get a cold front, but it doesn't stay too cold for too long.

I agree though that it would probably be easier if another adult went with you. That way if you can't take DC2 on a ride at least someone will be with one of your DC.

Oh, and if you don't know yet, but in the park they have a Baby Center were you can comfortably breastfeed, pump, and change the diapers.

hellokitty
12-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Just bring a sling. DH had a conference at Disneyland when our oldest was only 6 mo old. He didn't sleep well in the stroller, so I brought my sling and when he needed a nap, I would wear him until he fell asleep and then move him to the stroller. 6-7 mo is actually a REALLY good age to travel. The baby still sleeps a lot and they aren't mobile, so they can't get into a bunch of trouble like a toddler. On the plane, I just nursed him as needed and brought some toys for him to play with, and he was the ONLY baby who wasn't screaming on the plane.

kdeunc
12-22-2008, 06:21 PM
We just got back from a 6 day trip with all three kids, just turned 6, 4 and 4 1/2 months. DD did very well but she is a very content baby in general. We took a stroller and I wore her in a bjorn and/or a sling (when I needed to nurse). She seemed to really enjoy it and for most of the rides in the Magic Kingdom she could ride along with her brothers. I would go for it and have a wonderful time! :)