PDA

View Full Version : Bris gift?

mamaoftwins
12-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Please forgive my ignorance on this topic. We're attending the bris for our good friends' new baby on the 29th. Is it customary to bring a gift? I have a rather large baby gift to give them - we were planning on dropping by next week to see the baby and give it to them then. Do I bring something else to the bris?

Thanks for your help on this one! :)

nofeea
12-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Most people bring the baby gift to the bris. (You don't need a separate one). If it's large or a pain to bring, you can drop it off another time. I'm sure they won't mind (They might even prefer not having to cart it home themselves!) Have fun!

alirebco
12-22-2008, 04:53 PM
You can give them a gift before the bris or during - it's up to you. Most people bring a little something to the bris if they haven't already gotten something for the new baby.

deannanb
12-22-2008, 05:38 PM
if it is a large gift, I'd bring it to the house -
and no need to bring something else to the bris.

mamaoftwins
12-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks, everyone!! Yep, the gift is large, so I'll drop it off next week before the bris.

Davids-Coco
12-23-2008, 12:43 AM
We didn't expect anything at our son's bris even though it is commonplace. I would drop off the present before and not give it another thought. (If you wanted to save the card for the actual bris, that would be another option.)