PDA

View Full Version : Got a $250 parking ticket Merry Xmas!

ray7694
12-22-2008, 08:11 PM
I took my dc to the museum today and came out and had found I was in the spot next to the handicap. Mind you it was white striped and salt/ice covered it so I had no idea. I wrote an appeal and they meet in a month and will call to let me know.
I am freaking out about paying this.
I have no idea what my chances are of this being dropped. This is going to put a damper on xmas for sure.

What can I do?

momtojack
12-22-2008, 09:42 PM
That really stinks - I'm sorry it happened to you! It might help to take a picture (assuming the space is still covered with salt/ice) to send with your appeal so that whoever hears the appeal can see that there was no way you could have known you were in a handicapped space. Also, if the parking lot was owned by the museum, you might try calling them to see if they have any suggestions or could help you. Good luck!

Shelly

infomama
12-22-2008, 10:03 PM
the museum wont be able to help you if your ticket was from a public employee (policeman or parking authority). i agree w/pp on this one. if the lot was covered with snow and you couldnt even see the pavement, take a picture and use it to try to get out of the ticket. GL!

new_mommy25
12-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Take a picture for sure! It's worth a shot. Sorry about your ticket. :(

mommy111
12-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Sorry about the ticket, I also just got a $200 one in the mail. Because I was driving at 25mph in a 20mph school zone. And before I get flamed, I was decel from 45 to 20mph at the very beginning of a school zone. I would definitely get a photo in your situation, you have a totally valid point!

MontrealMum
12-24-2008, 01:12 AM
I have heard, about parking tickets at least, that if you actually bother to contest them you have a fairly good chance of getting out of it.

What a shock for you, so sorry to hear about it :(