PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Peg Peregos - HELP, Stroller Queen!

sunshine28
12-22-2008, 11:26 PM
So it seems like the new Switch has it all, plus it looks good too. However, during my research I came across the 2009 Uno. It looks just as good (in fact comes in this beautiful black fabric), costs the same as the Switch, weighs the same, and also has the option of baby facing you, which I really love. I was wondering if one is any better than the other and why? My only guess would be that the Uno isn't as easy to steer when baby is facing you since you are reversing the handle as opposed to the seat itself (as on the Pliko Switch.)
Any input on the new (or old) Uno or the new Switch would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

strollerqueen
12-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Yep, you pretty much figured it out. When you reverse the handle on the Uno, you have the large, non-steerable air tires in front. So you have to steer with the smaller swivels, in "rear wheel drive." I found it very difficult. With the ones I have tried, when I go to turn, it swings out sideways in a wide arc. Hard to control.

On the other hand, I really can't think of a thing bad to say about the Switch. Christmas preps have me woefully behind in posting my review; it was my Thanksgiving pick. It is very hard to find a reversible stroller that will fold forward facing, so you don't always have to take the seat off. This one does! And it is really hard to find a reversible umbrella; this is the only one currently sold in the US. It has the great canopy of the P3, flat recline, narrow width, snack tray, reasonable basket, easy fold, light-is weight, etc. It also comes a raincover and boot. I guess the only negative is that, like the P3, you can't really steer it one-handed. But then, very few umbrella strollers allow for that, except perhaps Macs, Quinny Zapp, and Micralite Toro. On the plus side, you can hang an awful lot of bags on those umbrella handles without it tipping, so it is great for shopping! Oh, and I wish it came in more colors, like the Revi black P3! ;)

sunshine28
12-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Stollerqueen, thanks again!
I'm just about sold on the Switch.
Let me ask you though...

1- It looks in the pictures that when the chld is facing you that the footrest/feet would sort of be in the way when pushing the carriage. Have you found this to be a problem?

2- I've heard very mixed reviews about the Peg carseat and want that snap-n-go" capability and I know the snugride or safeseat won't snap into the Peg Chassis. What should I do? Does it pay to just get the better carseat (Graco) and just splurge and extra $60 for the Graco snap-n-go?

3- Also, I planned on getting a Maclaren Quest for later on and for traveling. Am I getting way to many carriages here ((Snap-n-go w/ carseat, Switch, AND Quest?)

bubbaray
12-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Also, I planned on getting a Maclaren Quest for later on and for traveling. Am I getting way to many carriages here ((Snap-n-go w/ carseat, Switch, AND Quest?)

:hysterical:

Sorry, you're asking SQ if 3 strollers is too many?? LOL. That's funny!

You can definitely use a Graco SnugRide in the P3 and I'm 99% certain in the Switch. It d/n "lock" into the frame like the PP seat, but it fits snugly. If you are worried, you can put a bungee cord over the SR, just like you would a lap-belt only install in the car without the base. I used the SR with the Pliko (predecessor to the P3) with DD#1 and the SR with the P3 with DD#2. I did not have or need a SNG with either child. IMO, they are a waste of money unless you have twins.

HTH

sunshine28
12-24-2008, 11:25 AM
But with the Pliko 3, you are putting the careat into the carriage itself, correct, not directly onto the frame? I'm trying to avoid the bulkiness/heaviness of a full travel system (stroller w/ seat attached). With the Switch, the carriage seat comes out and I know you can put a carseat directly onto the chassis, but I thought it only could hold a Peg carseat. So confusing!!!

bubbaray
12-24-2008, 11:27 AM
You can put the Peg carseat directly onto the carriage, but I'm pretty sure you can put a SR into the stroller with the seat attached. Its not that bulky at all.

Can you try it out IRL at a store??