PDA

View Full Version : Soft Books

Charlie
12-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations? I bought DS a Lamaze brand soft book (the one with the catepillar) for Xmas. I like that it's interactive and it can grow with him. Or so I hope! He had The Fuzzy Bee from Priddy Books, which he really liked as well but it was spit up on one too many times and it had to be retired.

neeleymartin
12-23-2008, 12:48 PM
if you go to amazon and search for fuzzy bee and click on the item, when you open it, there are 'similar items' listed.

i loved these books too until i found out that many contain lead in the pieces to make the cute stuff within. perhaps on healthytoys.org. if you aren't concerned, rock on!!

happy holidays,

Charlie
12-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Oh no! I'm definately concerned....I'm off to check out healthytoys.org. Thanks for the heads up.

Charlie
12-23-2008, 01:03 PM
I jusquick search of the healthy toys website and was not able to find anything about soft books made by Lamaze, Manhattan Toy, or Priddy Books. I'll try to do a google search, but does anyone have any further information?

nmosur
12-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Check etsy - search for soft books or fabric books. I loved these type of books when DD was a baby (she still looks at them) - I threw them in the washer a lot and they still look new.

naveena

Canna
12-23-2008, 03:52 PM
I bought a really cute one at IKEA.

ahrimie
12-23-2008, 07:49 PM
we have one called "baby love" by sandra boynton that we really love... they have little flaps. i love the cloth soft books rather than the plastic ones, but we have some for bath time too.

i bought our baby love at tj maxx... i've seen a lot of books there as well as at marshalls. usually a few dollars cheaper!

Charlie
12-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I will have to take a look at Marshall's and Ikea after Xmas. I also never knew that Etsy had such cute kid stuff!

kirakima
12-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Try the Jelly Kitten / Jelly Cat brand books. They're hard to find (but Albee Baby Carriage does carry them else check online) but my 11 month old loves "Where is Peekaboo" since she was a newborn. Also Jungle Tails seems quite nice.