PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need a nice gift for sil.

hellokitty
12-25-2008, 02:06 PM
OK, I know that it's already Christmas, but I wasn't going to give my sil her gift until after Christmas anyway (they are OOT visiting her family, so I didn't want to ship something while they weren't home). I was going to give her a $50 GC to TJ Maxx, and maybe something else small (which I have yet to find). However, after opening the gifts that my brother and sil gave to my DH, myself and my kids today, I feel like my gift is too cheap. I feel like I need to spend at least $100 on her and am embarrassed by what I was planning to send her.

Do any of you have any suggestions? She doesn't have any kids yet, and has very expensive taste in general. She spends a lot on herself, so this is why it is difficult for me to figure out what might suit her. She likes boutique type of things, but quite honestly I am not someone who is the most up to date with that kind of stuff. I was hoping to just order her something online and have it shipped to her place directly.

pinkmomagain
12-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Can you get her a gift certificate to a spa? Or really nice pjs I like Vera Wang) or robe (Barefoot Dreams) from Nordstroms? Or Ugg slippers?

bubbaray
12-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Vera Bradley pjs, small or large duffel (if they travel a lot), VB wallet, etc.

I like the Ugg slipper idea.

blisstwins
12-25-2008, 03:08 PM
How about a flip video for her purse:

I think picking a bag for someone is very personal. If you know a scent she wears something like that might be nice too.

Twoboos
12-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Garnet Hill Asian Wrap pjs are awesome and on sale now. Ugg slippers are always nice too!

If you can buy/ship something, Marshall's had cashmere throws for $99 before christmas, I'm sure they're less now. They also had nice Ralph Lauren cable knit throws for I think $69. Either of these would be lovely.

hellokitty
12-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks ladies! The pj's or cashmere throw might be a good idea. I LOVE VB, but it's totally NOT my sil's style or else I would have just gotten her some VB stuff when I put in a ginormous order a couple of months ago, lol. Too bad neither of my sil's are VB gals. I did get some VB stationery for my bil's wife though. :) Anyway, off to shop online. Thanks!

AngelaS
12-25-2008, 07:20 PM
The Keurig coffee maker I got dh is a hit w/him. :) Is she a coffee person?