PDA

View Full Version : Discounted tickets to Magic Kingdom Orlando

hollybloom24
12-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Is there such a thing? If so, what is the best price and where can I get it?

We are considering tagging along with my husband for a short four day trip, so we'd probably only spend one day at a park (our girls are 3.5). He has a room at The Contemporary.

Momof3Labs
12-26-2008, 12:48 PM
You can't really get deals on one day tickets. The deal is when you buy more days - each additional day is less, to the point where a 10 day ticket is only a few dollars more than a 6 day ticket. We use undercovertourist.com but again, I don't think you'll find discounted one day tickets anywhere.

rlmomto5
01-01-2009, 11:53 AM
You might try ebay. I've seen a lot of tickets for sale on there. I'm considering purchasing a ticket for us on there.

Momof3Labs
01-01-2009, 12:27 PM
You might try ebay. I've seen a lot of tickets for sale on there. I'm considering purchasing a ticket for us on there.

I highly, highly recommend against it. Used tickets are not transferable (they are tied to your fingerprint) and you could be turned away at the gate for using one, and out your eBay money. Also, there's no way to verify how many days are remaining on the ticket (even a one day ticket) until you get to the park gates. There's been too much Disney ticket fraud on eBay - why risk it?

rlmomto5
01-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks for letting me know that Lori! I had no idea....I'm an ebay addict, and just assumed buying the tickets from there would be okay. I'll just buy them straight from Disney.

Thanks again,
Renee

egoldber
01-01-2009, 02:24 PM
On our last last trip we used two sets of older tickets that we had purchased many years ago (before the biometric ID system). The first set only DH and I had ever used, but the second set we once let my BIL and SIL use to get into a Disney water park. They used them after the biometric system went into place, so the tickets were tied to their fingerprints.

DH and I were able to use them, but we anticipated problems and were prepared to buy a single day ticket if we needed to. (These tickets each had only one park day left on them, so it was not that big of a deal to us.) DH and I split up and went in via separate entrances. We each pretended that we must have confused our ticket with our spouse's. (This happens allllll the time). The agent was not able to override the ticket system and had to call over a supervisor to do it for her. So while we were able to use the tickets, it was very possible that a less tolerant agent or supervisor could have refused to let us in. So I would *not* buy a used ticket.

DebbieJ
01-01-2009, 03:04 PM
do you know anyone who lives in FL? Our SIL was able to buy resident rate 1 day passes for us through AAA when we went last year. She bought vouchers which we then had to exchange at the gate for entry passes.

mnosky1
01-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Sometimes you can get a convention ticket a little cheaper. My husband was there for a convention and they got evening admission tickets - they had to verify that you were there for a convention and staying on property - he thought family would be eligible too.

Normally I woudl say try AAA or one of the couple authorized ticket brokers - undercovertourist is who we used. You can sign up for the newsletter at mousesavers.com and they send a special code in it each month that gets you a few more dollars off from one of the sites like undercover toruist. We also do the basic ticket (expires in 14 days, no park hopping etc).

egoldber
01-12-2009, 08:49 AM
AAA does have slightly discounted tickets, but only certain ticket types.