PDA

View Full Version : registries and returns

wifecat
12-26-2008, 01:10 PM
I registered at BRU, but they are doing a terrible job of marking things as purchased from my registry. Their return policy seems to stink, too.

Target's return policy also seems terrible.

Has anyone found somewhere that's good at marking stuff off the registry AND has a decent return policy?

C99
12-26-2008, 03:25 PM
alas, I don't think such a thing exists!

wifecat
12-26-2008, 04:22 PM
How sad! Are there any stores better than Target/Babies R Us? And if not, is one of those stores better to deal with than the other?

Swimfreak78
12-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Bed Bath and Beyond which recently purchased a baby store has a great return policy.

Snow mom
12-26-2008, 08:43 PM
I only returned a few things from my registry, but didn't have any problems with BRU. I didn't have gift receipts but everything that was purchased from the registry they were able to look up and took back without a problem. I didn't try to return anything to Target but have certainly heard negative reviews of their return policy.

~Lisa

vonfirmath
12-27-2008, 02:05 AM
Babies R Us/Toys R us has recently changed their return policy to be basically the same as Target.

elephantmeg
12-27-2008, 11:11 PM
I did all my registering at walmart for that very reason. I live in a small town so walmart and target were my only options

LD92599
12-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Buy Buy Baby!

That's the store that Bed Bath just purchased.

Soccermom08
12-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Bed, Bath, and Beyond is probably got the best return policy I have ever worked with and they have a new baby store called Buy Buy Baby. Unfortunately there are not too many of them yet-but they do have a website and I think they even accept the bed,bath, and beyond coupons. Walmart, even though they are slow and not well organized does have a good return policy. If they stock it you can return it to them even if it wasn't purchased there. If you don't have a receipt they will give you store credit.

I registered with target with my DD and found their return policy with a registery aweful and dishartening. We received three high chairs off that registry and even with the registry noting that 3 were purchased and on the box it stated that it was made for Target... we were not able to return anything without a receipt...and even with a receipt you only get store credit so you have to buy something from them.

I would not recommend Target to anyone for a baby registry and if you buy anything with intentions of giving it to someone make sure that you ask for a receipt.

swrc00
12-28-2008, 05:41 AM
I still have a registry at Babies R US and have been very pleased with returning things. I have been able to return things that were on the registry with no problems. I also have returned items that weren't on my registry and had no problems. I did have problems with items that were bought at Toys R' Us off of my Babies R' Us registry that Toys R' Us wouldn't taken back even though it was on my registry. I did not have a problem of anything not being removed from my registry when purchased.

I also had a registry at Target. I had some things that were on my registry that I needed to exchange for bigger sizes. Needless to say after that hassle I deleted my registry at Target.

Good Luck and Congratulations!

traumarn
12-29-2008, 02:49 AM
here';s what you do, if you have to return something at BRU that was ON your registry, but not marked off:
mark it off yourself, then, 2-3 days later- return it. they don't know WHO 'bought' it...and their policy is to accept returns from reg items, w/o receipt in 'x' number of days.
i did this for a swing that had a bad motor in it.(actually at the suggestion of one of their employees).