PDA

View Full Version : Where should we go?

SunshineWedding
12-26-2008, 07:20 PM
DH and I are looking for a quick trip (3 nites) to a warm local for sometime in March and there are SO many choices we are quickly becoming overwhelmed so I was hoping someone here could help - have you been to the islands lately? Its our 1st solo getaway since DC were born. Any help / insight would be welcomed - I peeked at tripadvisor.com but couldn't even pick an island let alone a resort! Help!

Our only requirements are
1) direct flight from Boston
2) short travel time/distance from airport to resort
3) we're in our 30's so I don't want to be the youngest or oldest at the hotel

Thanks - Lisa

jayali
01-18-2009, 08:37 PM
One of our very best vacations was to Bermuda. It may not be warm enough for you in March, but you may want to give it a look. A short flight, beautiful island and great hotels.

We also like Puerto Rico, but I have to be honest, everytime we go I feel like the flight should be shorter, which means I am ready to land an hour before we do. I like Puerto Rico because you can pretty much set the mode of your trip by where you stay. You can stay at a "resort" and be more laid back or stay in a "hotel" in the Condado section and be more of the action. We have done both.

Grand Cayman is also an easy trip and a nice island. There is not a lot of nightlife, but we have had fun there as well.

I also like Florida. Naples is nice and sometimes you can get some great deals at the Ritz.

I am so jealous. I wish it was me planning something like this. Have a great time.