PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone here get their toddler a Baby alive Goes Potty? What did they think?

teeniebeenie6
12-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Did anyone here get their toddler a Baby alive Goes Potty? What did they think? I just bought one this morning on a whim because it was on sale and I think the fact that it makes eating noises, drinks from a bottle and talks is cool but I'm wondering if I should cancel my order? I'd love your opinions on the doll.

happy2bamom
12-27-2008, 09:46 PM
I don't have one, but I've seen one in action. My friend bought one for her DD (she is 3) and she has twin brothers (7 months), so she is very into babies right now. Her little girl seems to love the doll. Personally I thought that it was a little gross. You feed it baby food and then it poops and the diaper gets changed. That part isn't such a big deal, but it is difficult to clean the food out of the mouth and throat tube. So unless you are diligent about cleaning it out everytime it eats, it gets pretty gross. That being said, my friend's daughter loves the doll.

kochh2
12-30-2008, 04:30 PM
my friend's dd has it and when i heard the cost of doll diapers, i just abou tpuked- she said like 9 or 10 bucks for a smal lpack of 10 diapers, which her DD could EASILy go through in one day... thats more than regular sposies... my friend is planning on making some CD's for the doll to avoid the inevitable money suckung of the sposies -- she said it pees and poops every time you feed it... kind of like DS when he was a baby!! LOL... i am interested to see it action despite the creepy-ness it incites!!

teeniebeenie6
12-30-2008, 06:13 PM
my friend's dd has it and when i heard the cost of doll diapers, i just abou tpuked- she said like 9 or 10 bucks for a smal lpack of 10 diapers, which her DD could EASILy go through in one day... thats more than regular sposies... my friend is planning on making some CD's for the doll to avoid the inevitable money suckung of the sposies -- she said it pees and poops every time you feed it... kind of like DS when he was a baby!! LOL... i am interested to see it action despite the creepy-ness it incites!!
That is insane how much the diapers cost. Ours doll is in the mail now on the way here. We bought it a doll bottle and pacifier that is compatible with Baby alive that is made by a WAHM who sells her stuff on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Red-Elmo-Bottle-Pacifier-Reborn-Baby-Alive-Play-Doll_W0QQitemZ230315801351QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDolls ?hash=item230315801351&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

There is a cool video on her listings showing how the pacifiers and bottle work with Baby alive. The video sold me. I like that it looks like the doll is drinking without really drinking. I think getting cloth diapers for the doll if you are really feeding it is a good idea. My girls are only 21 months and 3 (tomorrow), if they want to feed it food when they are older I'll go the cloth diaper route too. There is also a recipe online on how to make your own food for the doll, I think I'd try that out.

KrystalS
12-30-2008, 11:35 PM
I got my DD one for Christmas. The diapers are very pricey. I bought a 40 pack of newborn size diapers at Walmart for $7, they were the White Cloud diapers. I think the baby alive diapers are around that price for 10 diapers. Plus the baby alive diapers leak. The first bottle DD gave her the diaper leaked everywhere. DD does like the doll but it is a lot of work for the parents. If you use the food you have to make sure the doll gets cleaned after every feeding. Otherwise the food can dry inside the doll and you can't clean it out once that has happened. We have done food once but I usually just let DD give her water in the bottle. She's happy with this for now. I think for younger kids you wouldn't even have to do water. My almost 3 yo nephew is very fascinated with the doll, he loves just pretending to feed her and changing her diapers. We got the pacifier that goes with the doll, the baby alive one not the ebay one, and DD loves that as well. The doll goes to sleep when she has her pacifier.

Oregonmother
12-31-2008, 12:12 AM
dd got one for christmas too, and she adores it. Actually both my kids age 3 and 5 really like it and the 5yo is a boy. We only use newborn diapers too and they work better than the baby alive diapers. I actually think the doll is fun and cute.