PDA

View Full Version : Today we mark the passing

GlindaGoodWitch
12-27-2008, 08:16 PM
of Cookie number 10.

After an extensive and exhaustive search, it is with great sadness that Cookie 10 is now pronounced to be lost at sea. A sea of toys made only more vast and more great on December 25th.

Cookie 10 will be remembered as the brave soldier that made it possible for us to realize there IS something beyond 9 and that double digits are not to be feared.

Cookie 10 is survived by Cookies 1 to 9 and the sole survivor the Gymboree Puppy Sock Pair and will be memorialized with a soulful rendition of "C is for Cookie" by the GoodWitch Family Choir.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ThurstonHowellIII/cookie10.jpg

amldaley
12-27-2008, 08:41 PM
of Cookie number 10.

After an extensive and exhaustive search, it is with great sadness that Cookie 10 is now pronounced to be lost at sea. A sea of toys made only more vast and more great on December 25th.

Cookie 10 will be remembered as the brave soldier that made it possible for us to realize there IS something beyond 9 and that double digits are not to be feared.

Cookie 10 is survived by Cookies 1 to 9 and the sole survivor the Gymboree Puppy Sock Pair and will be memorialized with a soulful rendition of "C is for Cookie" by the GoodWitch Family Choir.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ThurstonHowellIII/cookie10.jpg

Not sure what that was...but it was excessively cute and very well written :)

bubbaray
12-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Ok, I'm completely baffled by this post.... Must be an inside joke to which I'm not a party. I hate it when that happens, LOL.

RIP Cookie.

citymama
12-27-2008, 08:46 PM
I think Glinda's kids lost one of the cookies in the play cookie jar they sell at Target! DD loves playing with that cookie jar at her cousins' place.

If it's something else, then it totally went over my head.

WatchingThemGrow
12-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Wait, isn't that from THE Cookie Jar referenced here? http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=296669&highlight=cookie+jar+target

No... only 5 there.

Must be the LR Cookie Jar http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Resources-LER7201-Counting-Cookies/dp/B00009XNSS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1230425330&sr=8-2

So sad to hear. Hope it shows up in the couch or something one day...

GlindaGoodWitch
12-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Sorry - not trying to to be weird or obtuse.

I think I have finally been pushed over the edge by trying to find and keep together all of the pieces of DC's toys.

We have been searching high and low for the #10 cookie of DD's counting cookie set for 3 days and I finally had to throw in the towel. I can't imagine where the bleepingbleepbleep it could be. And for some reason, (a touch of ocd perhaps?) it's really annoying me that I can't find it.

Even more so because DH was trying to convince me that there were only 9. I felt like Jodie Foster in that movie where she loses her daughter on the airplane and everyone tries to convince her that she boarded all by herself...

That's all.

Tondi G
12-27-2008, 09:25 PM
maybe cookie #10 is hiding with the, not one but three disks missing from my 3.5 year olds Iron Man disk shooter! Hope you locate it!

gobadgers
12-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Cookie #10 and the disks must be in cahoots with the blue coin from my DD's Fisher Price piggy bank. Why is it so bothersome, I don't know, but I do know the feeling :-)

bubbaray
12-27-2008, 10:27 PM
OK, got it. Totally understand now. I spent TWO YEARS looking for the pink pig from DD#1's Little People farm. After DD#2 was born, DH found it in his sock drawer.... I drove him and me and DD#1 a little bit crazy looking for that #$%^ pig.

Currently MIA is Princess Dora from the Dora Castle. She's probably hiding somewhere eating Cookie #10.

I've actually given up looking for Princess Dora. She can't be far. I hope. Unless, of course, the dog ate her. In which case, I don't want her back -- from either end.

o_mom
12-27-2008, 10:30 PM

I think I have finally been pushed over the edge by trying to find and keep together all of the pieces of DC's toys.

We have been searching high and low for the #10 cookie of DD's counting cookie set for 3 days and I finally had to throw in the towel. I can't imagine where the bleepingbleepbleep it could be. And for some reason, (a touch of ocd perhaps?) it's really annoying me that I can't find it.

Even more so because DH was trying to convince me that there were only 9. I felt like Jodie Foster in that movie where she loses her daughter on the airplane and everyone tries to convince her that she boarded all by herself...

That's all.

LOL - we have that cookie jar and DS3 is in love with it. So far all the cookies are accounted for, but it has only been three days . I did find an enormous amout of missing parts when we moved - I now have all the people mover people, the three shapes to the Pooh Learning Tree and after I went back the day of closing and checked the heating vents, the RR Firemen. Still looking for the green Automoblox wheel, though.:12:

mykidsmom
12-27-2008, 10:35 PM
I think cookie #10 is with the lid to the glue that vanished at our house today.

lizajane
12-27-2008, 10:57 PM

That's all.

not weird. not obtuse. it made PERFECT sense to me. that's right, i did order several little people animals off ebay to replace the ones the dog ate because DUH the farm just DID NOT WORK without them. and clearly, my one year old was very stressed about it, ha ha ha.

Jenny_A
12-27-2008, 11:31 PM
I bet Learning Resources would replace cookie #10!! DD got that too for Christmas.

Jenny

DrSally
12-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Never say never. After prob a year of missing a cookie out of the Fisher Price cookie tray, it turned up under our entertainment center when we moved.

Jo..
12-28-2008, 01:39 AM
Don't despair...we have lost SO MANY pieces of ds's learning Resources Smart Snacks play foods...one cupcake, two chocolates, and 4 animal crack-ups.

I recently found his stash (again) between the couch and the wall.

Cookie number ten is not lost. Don't lose hope.:thumbsup:

citymama
12-28-2008, 03:55 AM
Cookie number ten is not lost. Don't lose hope.:thumbsup:

I agree - it will show up! We have recovered several missing pieces of things over the last couple of years - either when we move or do a deep-clean (which happens about as frequently as moving). Move that dresser or bookcase, or look behind the couch - it will show up.

veronica
12-28-2008, 08:03 AM
totally loving this thread. My greatest holiday gift was finding the "sheep butt" from the leapfrog fridge farm ..........after 18 months! It was at my parents when we lived with them for a while and I just gave up thinking she tucked it in the garbage and the little sheep butt was in a landfill somewhere missing the sheep head!

but , my mom was cleaning a spare bedroom last week and found it under a dresser-a room that DD hardly ever went into.

you will find cookie number 10- the kids may still graduate from MIT and be mathmetician scholars without it......and that is probably when you will find it.

WatchingThemGrow
12-28-2008, 08:56 AM
For a few months, baby Jesus from the Little People Nativity was missing. We looked everywhere, and even called the plumber to see if he was what was making the toilet stop up. DH said, "Jesus promised us He WILL return. Just wait!" Sure enough, he was hidden under some furniture and eventually reappeared.

lizajane
12-28-2008, 12:13 PM
For a few months, baby Jesus from the Little People Nativity was missing. We looked everywhere, and even called the plumber to see if he was what was making the toilet stop up. DH said, "Jesus promised us He WILL return. Just wait!" Sure enough, he was hidden under some furniture and eventually reappeared.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

praise Him!! He has returned!!

Lindymagoo
12-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Oh, I can so totally relate to this! DGS got this set for X-mas, and I have been following him around the house, to make sure the pieces don't get lost. He has now taken to throwing them cause he thinks it's funny. Between the cookies, cupcakes, and ice cream pieces, I am going nuts trying to keep it all together!

GlindaGoodWitch
12-28-2008, 05:43 PM
I have been trying to get on this website ALL DAY. I keep getting a message that I'm timing out or I'm in time out or whatever.

Like the pig, sheep's butt and baby Jesus before him (that sounds so blasphemous)

COOKIE 10 HAS BEEN FOUND.

He was not lost at sea, but hiding in the jungle, specifically the Little People jungle, doing his best Jane Goodall impression. It was just like Tom Hanks in Castaway, only without the beard, weight loss and whole Helen Hunt marrying the dentist thing.

I, uh I mean, *the kids* are so relieved to have found it. Actually, so is DH because after reading all of your posts, I told him, "Well, I guess we are gonna have to move."

I'm going to try to upload some pics - you all let me know of you can see them.

I'd like to thank all of you for letting me be my weird little self and let you all know that I've learned some things through this experience:
1. NEVER give up hope.
2. If Cookie 10 had remained lost, he would have been with good company.
3. You all are the funniest bunch of ladies around.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ThurstonHowellIII/C10A.jpg
I actually turned this thing upside down because we have found things in the lion's den before.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ThurstonHowellIII/C10B.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ThurstonHowellIII/C10C.jpg
DS was annoyed that the monkey wouldn't bounce.

Snow mom
12-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Thank goodness! :yay: This thread has kept me amused all day...

~Lisa

lizajane
12-28-2008, 07:07 PM
I have been trying to get on this website ALL DAY. I keep getting a message that I'm timing out or I'm in time out or whatever.

Like the pig, sheep's butt and baby Jesus before him (that sounds so blasphemous)

COOKIE 10 HAS BEEN FOUND.

He was not lost at sea, but hiding in the jungle, specifically the Little People jungle, doing his best Jane Goodall impression. It was just like Tom Hanks in Castaway, only without the beard, weight loss and whole Helen Hunt marrying the dentist thing.

I, uh I mean, *the kids* are so relieved to have found it. Actually, so is DH because after reading all of your posts, I told him, "Well, I guess we are gonna have to move."

I'm going to try to upload some pics - you all let me know of you can see them.

I'd like to thank all of you for letting me be my weird little self and let you all know that I've learned some things through this experience:
1. NEVER give up hope.
2. If Cookie 10 had remained lost, he would have been with good company.
3. You all are the funniest bunch of ladies around.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ThurstonHowellIII/C10A.jpg
I actually turned this thing upside down because we have found things in the lion's den before.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ThurstonHowellIII/C10B.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ThurstonHowellIII/C10C.jpg
DS was annoyed that the monkey wouldn't bounce.

EVVVVVVVVERYBODY NOW!!

"C IS FOR COOKIE THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME! HEY!"

DrSally
12-28-2008, 07:12 PM
My greatest holiday gift was finding the "sheep butt" from the leapfrog fridge farm .........

:hysterical:

I love it! Hey, OP, your finding cookie #10 was the perfect denoument to this thread! I have that jungle toy too, so maybe next time we loose something I should look in the jungle!

caleymama
12-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I've been loving this whole thread, from start to finish. :ROTFLMAO:
GlindaGoodWitch, thank you for taking the time to document the how you found Cookie 10. :D

fortato
12-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Hooray! Of course... all this time DH and I were saying it was Swiper the Fox, but alas, it was the Monkey in the jungle.... Silly monkey.

veronica
12-28-2008, 09:23 PM
On a side note:

Let's say a fellow member of the 'toy-piece inventory control' team, is um ready to take the plunge and buy the aforementioned cookie jar. I think I can take on the challenge and add it to our collection of ever challenging toys to keep track of.....so where can I find the best price on this? I see it is on sale for 9.99 at kbtoys, etoys and babyuniverse , none of which are offering free shipping......
anyone see a deal on this that's better? TIA

GlindaGoodWitch: enjoy your wine tonight as well as a restful nights sleep that you so deserve, trust me, I know!

GlindaGoodWitch
12-28-2008, 10:46 PM
We bought the bundle pack at Costco a while back (because really what's the point of losing parts to one toy when you can lose parts to 3).

I'm not sure about shipping, but the learning resources store online has the bundle on sale for $30.

Hth & good idea about the wine!

Jo..
12-28-2008, 10:53 PM
You CANNOT be anal and own these toys. I got so sick of sorting the Hide and peek chocolates and matching up the animal crack-ups (I am missing a few random butts too). Now I just throw all his play food in the play kitchen without sorting it, because i can't take it anymore.

Amazon had fabulous prices for Learning Resources Smart Snacks last year. Under $5 per set. Worth watching.

doberbrat
12-29-2008, 12:45 AM
if I had a $1 for every min I spent finding, counting and accounting for those silly cookies I'd be a RICH woman. after more than a year, I've given up. we usually have 8-9 and I've decided thats just good enough for me. I'm proud to say I havent counted them since last week though I'm of course tempted to go round them all up again and account for them.

I'm trying to decide which makes me crazier- toys w/many pieces or battery operated toys making obnoxious sounds.

MamaMolly
12-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Hooray! Of course... all this time DH and I were saying it was Swiper the Fox, but alas, it was the Monkey in the jungle.... Silly monkey.

Awwww, thanks for remembering my Privo meets the Fox debacle. DH and I often blame lost items on him, too! Swiper and Monkey Forever!!!!