PDA

View Full Version : Do I need dry-erase markers for M&D easel, or are Pipsqueaks markers OK?

citymama
12-28-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm looking for art supplies for the newly-acquired M&D easel, which was a huge hit on Xmas day. We got some nice Crayola paints and brushes, as well as chalk (stocking stuffers). Now need to get the paper roll and other supplies. Do I need special dry-erase markers for the whiteboard, or can we use Crayola Pipsqueaks? If you buy dry-erase ones, are there kiddie-approved markers, or just the kind you get at Office Depot?

Also - did you buy chalk or whiteboard erasers as well? Thanks for any info!

Neatfreak
12-28-2008, 03:42 PM
There is no reason why you can't use the pipsqueaks on the whiteboard, except that you'll have to wash them off with a wet cloth. They're not erasable like white board markers are.

We have low-odor Expo markers for the whiteboard. Crayola makes white board erasers as well, though their colour selection may be more limited.

I bought one eraser, and DD uses it for both the whiteboard and the chalkboard.

MommyAllison
12-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Just wanted to post an FYI that dry erase markers stain clothing and it doesn't come out!! We've lost a few dresses to them. :(

citymama
12-29-2008, 02:54 AM
Just wanted to post an FYI that dry erase markers stain clothing and it doesn't come out!! We've lost a few dresses to them. :(

Yikes! Sounds like we'll be better off sticking to Pipsqueaks or other washable markers in that case. I just didn't want to mark up the new whiteboard with markers that can't be erased, so haven't tried the Pipsqueaks yet. But I think we'll just go that route unless we can find something that is washable. Do not want to add permanent markers to the other million stains on her (and our) clothes!

Thanks for the feedback!

MMMommy
12-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Sorry to hijack, but my question is sort of related to the Pipsqueaks question. Does that mean any Crayola washable marker would work on the M&D Easel's dry erase board side (using a baby wipe or a damp rag to wipe it off)? We have a big pack of washable markers, but I don't dare use it on the wipie board part unless I know it will come off. Thanks!

alien_host
12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
If you are worried, test a very small area with the marker, like in the corner where it's not too noticable. I don't have the M&D one but she's drawn accidentally on the dry erase part with washable marker and a baby wipe did get if off.

I have to agree that "regular office" dry erase markers scare me because I fear for clothing and furniture.

KrisM
12-29-2008, 01:09 PM
If you can't get the regular marker off the dry erase board, write over it with a dry erase marker and it should come off with the eraser. This happened way too many times where I worked!

lisams
12-29-2008, 02:01 PM
It would work, but you might need to wipe it with a little alcohol once in a while to clean it off really well. Right now we just have the paper over the dry erase side and chalk on the other side. DS thinks it's fun breaking the chalk :( I'm thinking of picking up some of those chalk holders at the teacher store.

lablover
12-29-2008, 05:52 PM
We've always just used the Crayola washable markers on the easel. You do need to wash it off with a wet cloth or paper towel, which I find annoying, but the only pack of washable dry erase markers I was able to find last year didn't work well at all.