PDA

View Full Version : Can't Decide Between 2009 Prima Pappa or Graco Contempo High Chair!

sunshine28
12-28-2008, 05:58 PM
I originally didn't care for any of the Prima Pappa's being that that were so much more money and I wasn't impressed by any of the seat covers. I was planning on just getting the Graco Contempo for $100 from Target in this great print (Melbourne). Anyway, today I saw the new Prima Pappa and it's really nice, plus cheaper than those leatherette ones, which I don't like anyway. It seems a lot sturdier than the Graco Contempo, but I was hoping to get feedback from users of these 2 high chairs. Any input would help! Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
12-28-2008, 07:10 PM
I have no experience with the Graco Contempo, but I really do like out Prima Pappa Diner in Oatmeal from 2 years ago. Things I like about it - plenty big if the 2.5 yo decides she wants to sit in it, but also designed with a great recline so our tiny babies can join us at the table if they are awake. The way the whole seat tilts is nice. I love the wheels and the fact that I can roll it all around the house (single story). I can clean, mop, shower, whatever while DC are having a meal or a snack - up to 5x a day in this thing! We can throw the whole cover in the washer- and the straps (I usually soak them) and it looks great. Sometimes "fits" occur and the Peg is sturdy enough to be a calm down spot if need be. I also liked the calm-looking cover that we chose, but you said you don't like the leatherette. It ends up being in A LOT of pictures over the years.

Not sure if that helped you much, but I really do like it. When I was looking at reviews on youtube and was bummed they said the tray was too far from the seat. We always use a Bjorn scoop bib and find they were PERFECTLY together. We use the Peg chair for the first 18-20 mos (well, I guess really starting around 5 mos for eating), then move them into the Stokke chairs so the new baby can have the Peg chair.

mmsmom
12-28-2008, 11:20 PM
I have the Contempo and like it. It folds nicely though I rarely use that feature. There is a black piece of fabric that snaps around the legs that I took off b/c it was just another thing to clean and it didn't seem to serve a purpose. The chair can be raised & lowered so I can pull it right up to the table. There is one tray and 2 tray inserts with the idea being the inserts can go in the dishwasher. I never use the inserts because they didn't fit well in my dishwasher. The cover is easy to take off & put in the washing machine. It is a very sturdy chair... my DS kicks around in it a lot. It also reclines but I rarely used that feature.

AnnieW625
12-30-2008, 05:37 PM
We opted to go with the classic wooden high chair, but had we wanted a foldable high chair we probably would've gone with the Prima Pappa or the Fisher Price Healthy Care chair.