PDA

View Full Version : M&D Easel - broken plastic colored screws?

MMMommy
12-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Did anyone else have problems with the plastic colored screws for the M&D easel? A couple of mine broke during assembly. When tightening, two of them cracked and broke altogether. I plan on calling M&D directly tomorrow to get replacements, but was wondering if anyone else had this same issue. I get the feeling that these colored plastic screws will break easily over time, especially when tightening, loosening, retightening and reloosening to adjust the easel height or to collapse the easel for storage. Otherwise, the easel is great, especially at the cheap Amazon price!

ellies mom
12-29-2008, 01:09 AM
I haven't had any problem with ours. Maybe you just got a wonky batch.

MMMommy
12-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Kudos to M&D's customer service. I called them explaining the problem, and the customer service rep was very friendly and helpful. She apologized for the broken parts and said to just call them anytime if there is any problem with the easel and the parts. She is sending out replacement parts. She said they stand behind their product completely, so they will help out if there is ever a problem. Great customer service!

lisams
12-29-2008, 02:02 PM
No problems here with the screws. Glad to hear about the awesome customer service, though!

happymomma
12-29-2008, 06:09 PM
No problems with the screws either. The kids love it. It's been a great gift so far. I'm glad to hear the M&D will stand by their product. Yeah!!

MMMommy
12-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah, very pleased with M&D's customer service. It's nice to get customer service like that. It seems so rare nowadays. I also think Kidkraft has great customer service too. Kidkraft says they have a 90 day warranty policy to get replacements parts and such, but I've never had a problem getting replacements parts inside or outside of that 90-day window. Maybe it's just a matter of who answers the phone--Mr. Nice or Mr. Strict.

DDs love their M&D Easel so far. We have lots of painted pictures drying on our living room floor right now. The chalkboard has worked well so far. Our Kirkland baby wipes cleans off all the washable paint and chalk with ease.