PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up to earlier post about bibs, wash/burp cloths - what about towels?

L'sMommy
12-29-2008, 12:20 AM
How many towels do I need to get? Also, can you recommend some good brands? The ones I've gotten as gifts seem to be a bit thin and flimsy. They look like they would fall apart in a couple of months.

Thanks to all who responded to my other post - very helpful info!!

JBaxter
12-29-2008, 12:23 AM
I just use our bath towels.

SnuggleBuggles
12-29-2008, 12:29 AM
2 would be enough, imo. 1 would be fine too since babies don't need baths all that often at all. The Just One Year brand (Carters' spin off) ones at Target have held up fine for us.

Beth

linsei
12-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Depends on how often you do laundry. I would need about 3 towels. I might be crazy but I did want to mention that I actually prefer the thin towels to thick and plushy... the thin ones can dry all the little crevices (esp ears) where the thick ones just didn't get in there, iykwim.

I do like the thicker towels and washcloths for my 4 yo.

caheinz
12-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Whatever ones we got for DS1 have held up fine and are being used now. We do two baths per week, so that's 4 towels in all.

And I would agree that the thin ones are fine for a little one.

I have to add that I'm amazed at how much stuff we got for DS1 that has turned out to be more than sufficient for the twins in the second go-round.....

wellyes
12-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Those thin towels are fine for babies - I actually like the ones that have a little hood for drying off their heads. My girl hates to have her face covered by a towel, but gets cold fast, so the hood does come in handy.

amldaley
12-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Depends on how often you do laundry. I would need about 3 towels. I might be crazy but I did want to mention that I actually prefer the thin towels to thick and plushy... the thin ones can dry all the little crevices (esp ears) where the thick ones just didn't get in there, iykwim.

I do like the thicker towels and washcloths for my 4 yo.

ITA re: thinner towels and creases and crevices. We use two per bath, one to wrap her in and one to dry with.

BeachBum
12-29-2008, 10:52 AM
I agree with the comments about the benefits of the thin towels. We really liked this product
http://www.babywrappers.com/
It kept the parents from getting all wet when you picked up baby and pulled them to you.

WatchingThemGrow
12-29-2008, 10:58 AM
We've been fine with one PBK hooded critter baby towel. We do laundry quite often and wash our babies less. They both had eczema and frequent bathing irritates it.

Of course, DD is now in her PBK giraffe hooded towel and has to walk down the hall going "munch, munch, munch, I'm a giraffe" every time she gets a bath now.

HIU8
12-29-2008, 12:20 PM
I had 3 hooded towels and 3 washclothes. I got the carter's brand from Kohl's. They have held up well. Of course, I do laundry daily, and we used these towels for DS until he was 2. Now he uses a thinner beach towel. DD is 18 months and they are getting sort of small for her (plus, she hates the hood), so we will be switching her to our regular towels soon as well.