PDA

View Full Version : Where can I have cute low cost Thank You cards printed?

WatchingThemGrow
12-29-2008, 09:33 AM
DS needs some. I'm sick of buying the ones at Target. I was thinking about doing some with a picture on them or maybe with his name on them, but I can't find any that seem really cute and cheap.

I'm even up for designing something at scrapblog.com, but less hassle is better for me right now. Where have you ordered them?

JTsMom
12-29-2008, 09:46 AM
This isn't totally low hassle, but I usually make them. I just take pics of DS with the toy that said person gave him, glue stick it to a mat I cut out of cardstock (you can even skip that step), then glue it to the card. Then I have him scribble on the inside. LOL You can buy the blank cards at Michaels with a coupon for around $4 or $5. I get the prints at CVS (usually I find codes for freebies ;) ) If you wanted to jazz them up a litle, you could use scrapbook paper instead of cardstock, or maybe throw some stickers on them.

It's really easy, I swear. If you can weild a glue stick, you're good. People love to see the gift they sent too, so they usually really like them, even though they aren't fancy. Plus, I like having DS help with them.

Melbel
12-29-2008, 10:02 AM
I recently ordered the pink ribbon note cards from expressionery.com for DD2's baptism gift thank you notes and was pleased with the quality. I used a picture of DD2 in her baptism gown. If you enter MONSTER at check out, you will get 70% off.

http://www.expressionery.com/line.aspx?lineid=78&ShowROITrackingJavaScript=true&perpg=all

I have also created photo thank you notes at shutterfly.com.

WatchingThemGrow
12-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Since posting I figured out there was an Avery label stuck in our printer, causing it to jam. Now I'm more willing to go back to the idea of printing my own. I did take a picture the other day with both DC and their gifts from a relative, but I haven't printed it up yet b/c of the paper jamming problem. I'll try it in a minute. I'm really good with a glue stick (former elem. teacher ;) ) so that won't be a problem!

I'm trying something out on expressionary.com right now, but I'm not in loooove with any of the cards I've come across right now. I'm trying something else ont eh 3.5 x 5" TY cards at shutterfly also, but I'm wanting cheaper than that.

These from TinyPrints are cute, but I want more than the 10% off codes I can find right now.
http://www.tinyprints.com/products/ProductView_1792.htm

vonfirmath
12-29-2008, 12:06 PM
This isn't totally low hassle, but I usually make them. I just take pics of DS with the toy that said person gave him, glue stick it to a mat I cut out of cardstock (you can even skip that step), then glue it to the card. Then I have him scribble on the inside. LOL You can buy the blank cards at Michaels with a coupon for around $4 or $5. I get the prints at CVS (usually I find codes for freebies ;) ) If you wanted to jazz them up a litle, you could use scrapbook paper instead of cardstock, or maybe throw some stickers on them.

It's really easy, I swear. If you can weild a glue stick, you're good. People love to see the gift they sent too, so they usually really like them, even though they aren't fancy. Plus, I like having DS help with them.

What would you do about a gift that was returned? Send a copy with the kid with the boxed gift in their hand?

C99
12-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Why not just use plain notecards or regular stationary? That is what I use. I recall reading that TY cards are actually insulting to the reader -- as if they are incapable of reading the meaning of the note.

Jen841
12-29-2008, 12:30 PM
I buy blank 'all season' cards to use for things. What about getting 100 "free" postcards via Vista Print and then using them for things. We did this for our Christmas cards. You can put a picture on one side, and write your message on the other. I love not needing envelopes and cheaper postage is a perk. Green and cheap... so I like to think.

My friend glues a current picture onto cardstock and Wah-La... Card! The only trick is making sure you get the right size envelopes. You can buy cards to insert pictures at craft stores or via Oriental Trading Company and they include envelopes. I have done this. I have rubber stamps with both of my kids names so I stamp their name under the picture and am done. I don't have time to make them fancy, I keep them 'plain and classic' I say.

Fairy
12-29-2008, 12:32 PM
There's always Vistaprint, which is dirt cheap with lots of coupon codes.

WatchingThemGrow
12-29-2008, 12:33 PM
What would you do about a gift that was returned? Send a copy with the kid with the boxed gift in their hand?

LOL Exactly! DD is carrying around a duplicate gift right now :) That may go back to the store today if they'll take it back w/o a receipt.

I'm just tired of sending out storebought ones, and I need a little variety to keep me excited about writing them. Since August 05, we've done about 70ish wedding thank yous, a bazillion baby #1 thank yous, a decent amount of baby #2 thank yous, and 1st, 2nd, and 1st again b'day thank yous along with the regular Christmas ones, oh, and all the ones for sweet people who have made us meals. I feel like a gratitude machine in the past 3 years.

I'm going to try looking on Microsoft Office to see if there is something fun I can make there. The old Works Suite software I used to have made it easy, but I haven't fiddled around on this stuff yet. Scrapblog let me create a really cute one similar to the tinyprints card in the link. I just don't know how to export it. Taking it to Staples would be great if I can figure out how!

alien_host
12-29-2008, 12:54 PM
So you have photoshop? I do super easy cards all the time, just a pick of DD and add text of Thank you or whatever and then like, JTsmom, glue or use glue dots from scrapbook store to adhere it to a plain white/cream card from ACMoore. That way I can write a note on her behalf inside as well.

If you don't have photoshop it's pretty easy to do in MS Word too, insert a picture and use a text box to do text above, below or on the photo.

I print them at costco for 13 cents each (4x6). I don't do one photo for each gift, too complicated for me. For her birthday I had her standing in a huge gift bag. For Christmas you could have your DS with tons of wrapping paper around him...if you haven't thrown it away yet.

WatchingThemGrow
12-29-2008, 11:16 PM
I DID IT!!!! :yay: Scrapblog.com has an export as jpeg option, then I printed them up on cardstock on my very own printer, 4 per page.

They look very similar in style to the tinyprints one http://www.tinyprints.com/products/ProductView_1792.htm just not quite as professional or stylish. I did a picture, a stripe, and basically the same writing.

I'm so excited to make more in the morning - and some for DD too! Thanks for your encouragement!