PDA

View Full Version : At what age to take DS and DD to WDW?

HIU8
12-29-2008, 03:59 PM
DS is 4 and DD is 18 months. What is a good age for our first trip to DW? I was thinking 3.5 and 6 yrs old. DH thinks we should wait until DD is at least 5 (which would make DS 7.5). Looking for any and all advice.

Thanks.

Momof3Labs
12-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Anytime is really a good time. It depends on whether this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip, or if it is a trip you plan to make a few times during their childhood. Did you read this thread?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=306974

bubbaray
12-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Well, my DH wants to wait. My DD#1 is 4.75 (5 in April) and DD#2 will be 2 in January. BUT, and this is huge, DD#2 HATES the stroller -- any stroller (I have a few to choose from, LOL). DH does not want to be carrying her around DL or WDW for days on end, KWIM? She's a bit big for me to be carrying in the Ergo front carry and I've not figured out the back carry, plus my back probably couldn't take it anyway.

*I* would take them tomorrow if I could. DD#1 is at the, IMO, perfect age -- everything is just so magical to her, KWIM?

daisy1234
12-30-2008, 11:32 AM
We are going in Feb~ DS wil almost be 7 and DD will almost be 4! I think this is a great age for both! Whatever you decide have a great trip! We waited because we wanted not to be tied down with naps. She still naps occasionally but we can lkive peacefully without them! :) I love that DS will be able to ride most of the rides and he will really remember it! Also....we did alot of small trips to HErshey the beach Dutch wonderland to "prepare" for disney! I know we are all ready and we are sooooo excited!!!! :)

natmurr
12-31-2008, 09:43 PM
I will share my standard answer that I give every time someone says "aren't your kids too young for Disney"

I will never again get the chance to see my 3.5 yr olds face when she meets her favourite Disney Princess, or experience my 5 yr old son's excitement when sees the Jedi Training Academy. My kids will only be this age once, and its not about them remembering our trip years in the future - its about experiencing the moment.

Now of course I say this knowing this will not be the only Disney trip we take - I was fortunate enough to visit WDW many times growing up and I hope to be able to do this for my kids too!

Natalie

jray
01-09-2009, 07:32 PM
I've gone twice with kids...

1st time with my DSs (age 2.5 and 7 months at the time). It was fun for my husband and I because we could ride everything with the babies, but (even though my kids smiled a lot that day), it was hardly worth the trip for them.

2nd time was after we brought our daughter home from Guatemala. (DS1 was 3, DS2 just turned 2, and DD was 7.5 months). Again, we had a GREAT time and could ride everything in MK. DS1 remembers it, DS2 thinks he remembers it, and DD just has photos to remember when she's older! HA HA!

I'd go to Disney at any age with my kids because it's just a special day (plus kids under 3 are free!) However, for max. impact with my KIDS, I plan on going back when DD is 3 (so she can do the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique), and DS2 will be 4, and DS1 will be 6.