PDA

View Full Version : Wwyd?

Charlie
12-29-2008, 05:20 PM
I just received my order from Baby Center. However, they sent me 2 boxes - both were addressed to me but only 1 contained my order. The other box had a packaging slip for someone else and their order. So, I called CS and they are sending someone to pick up the box on Friday. Now my question is, would you call the other person to let them know what happened, in case they are wondering where their shipment is? I don't want to weird this person out and I don't want them calling me in case anything happens to their package but I think it would be considerate at the same time. WWYD?

MamaMolly
12-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I think you've done your part by contacting the store and arranging for the item to get picked up. You could have just as easily kept it (not saying you would, just that the possibility exists for that to have happened). IMO it is the store's job to contact the person and get it straightened out. As you said, what if it gets messed up in transport? What if that person is shady? I'd steer clear of it. You did the right thing and don't have an obligation to get involved any further.

Octobermommy
12-29-2008, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't call them. I would expect babycenter to notify them.

It wasn't my order, was it ?

happymomma
12-29-2008, 06:05 PM
I don't think I would contact them also. You did your job by calling babycenter.

Charlie
12-30-2008, 10:37 AM
I think you are all right. That was my inclination. Octobermommy if you are in PA, your package will hopefully be on it's way soon! lol.

WatchingThemGrow
12-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Creepily, this happened to me with meds from Canada. I'd ordered domperidone online to save some $$. I read some positive reviews of this one pharmacy, and they hooked up with my nursing staff to get my prescription filled. They sent my package to a lady in another state with the same first and last name but a different medicine. I got a call from her and she mailed the pkg to me since my address was inside the box and hers was on the outside. Needless to say, it didn't save me any money as DH wouldn't dare let me take the meds. He sent me to the compounding pharmacy right down the street to get my expensive stuff made just for me - the real me. Freaky, eh?

Octobermommy
12-30-2008, 01:12 PM
. Octobermommy if you are in PA, your package will hopefully be on it's way soon! lol.

Nope, not in PA. Hopefully mine is on its way to me without making pit stops

maylips
12-30-2008, 09:48 PM
This happened to me with Zappos. I didn't call the other people, but I did get a nice "thanks for calling us - here's a $30 coupon off your next order just for putting the box back outside your garage door for the UPS guy to pick up." It was great!

citymama
12-31-2008, 04:10 AM
This happened to me with the Hanna Andersson IN outlet! I got a giant box with someone's massive (several hundred dollar) sale order! HA was unaware of the mix-up, but when I called about it, they contacted the other person immediately. Funny thing is, they took their time having Fedex come pick it up from me, and when I insisted I couldn't just leave it outside my home because it would surely be stolen (I'm on a busy main street and no stoop/porch), they said, "just leave it there and if it's stolen, it's not your responsibility." I just pictured the mom in MI waiting for her boys' clothing and made sure i was around when Fedex came by!

I think I got a free shipping credit out of the whole thing...

Octobermommy
12-31-2008, 11:15 AM
when I insisted I couldn't just leave it outside my home because it would surely be stolen (I'm on a busy main street and no stoop/porch), they said, "just leave it there and if it's stolen, it's not your responsibility." .

That was not very nice of them. I would have expected a better attitude from HA

Charlie
12-31-2008, 12:28 PM
The first box I opened had my order but since the other box was addressed to me, I opened it as well. I was sort of hoping that since Babycenter is going out of business, that they were sending a free gift with purchase - ha ha! Oh well. I just hope that other mom gets her stuff.