PDA

View Full Version : Stoller for 15 mon and newborn...suggestions?

SZolko31
12-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Looking for a double stroller to fit a 15 month old and a newborn (due in May)...any recommendations?

WatchingThemGrow
12-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Welcome! Can you tell us more about where you'll be using it, what kinds of places you visit, what kind of storage you have, etc?

bubbaray
12-29-2008, 07:03 PM
I'd get a side-by-side (SBS) stroller with 2 full reclines. MBUD, BJCSD or BOB Duallie all come to mind. The Maclaren TT also qualifies, but is the same weight as the other three and d/n have air tires.

momtobe520
12-29-2008, 08:32 PM
A good option if you don't want a side-by-side is the Phil & Ted's Sport - is narrow enough for malls/stores and rugged enough for bumpy sidewalks, light snow, etc. I don't have the official attachment for the infant seat (I have the Britax Companion) but feel comfortable using the seat just set into the front seat of the P&T's. If you look at them, the online prices usually default to New Zealand dollars (sticker shock). We got ours from TinyRides.com

SZolko31
12-29-2008, 09:57 PM
I need something practical...something that is easy enough for me to handle getting in and out of an SUV, small enough to get through stores (I am at the mall a few times a week) and that will last as both children grow. The SBS MacLaren caught my eye a few times...I figure as long as they both recline I can skip the car seat insert.

WatchingThemGrow
12-29-2008, 10:01 PM
The newer Twin Triumph says it is suitable from birth with a full-recline. I haven't actually played with one, though. It is supposedly much lighter than the Twin Techno the PP referred to. We didn't get one as DH asked me to try to live with my one BJCED for a while before determining if I really needed a 2nd double. Turns out, I made it fine w/o one! Hopefully I will this time around also!