PDA

View Full Version : Changing Table Questions

Beth_in_CT
12-29-2008, 07:11 PM
I should start by telling you that I am really picky.
We ordered the Munire Newport crib, tall dresser and night stand - there is not room in our study/nursery to be for the low long dresser. That means we need a changing table.
I like the looks of the Jardine (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3012785)one at BRU, but I can't find a lot of information about it. Does anyone know anything?
I know about the crib recall, how does that affect the changing table?
Sigh, and it is the only one I like online or in the store... And the one I like at Target seems to be discontinued...
Thanks for the help!
Beth

misshollygolightly
12-29-2008, 08:12 PM
I have the Jardine changing table you're looking at and have been very pleased with it. It's sturdy and well-proportioned, IMO. I forget what finish we ended up buying...I think it might actually be the antique walnut. We bought four lined wicker baskets to use for storing dipes, etc. on the shelves (I really like the look of this, but you might keep in mind that the cost of the baskets adds to the total cost of your changing table). We use both disposable and cloth diapers and our Jardine table has space to accommodate both. I ended up sewing a little storage bag to hang on one side of the table for my cloth wipes, but pretty much everything else fit nicely in/on the table. On top of the table I have room for a changing pad, a pump-bottle of lotion, a pump-bottle of hand-sanitizer, and the spray bottle I keep filled with wipes-fluid. We keep two baskets filled with cloth dipes, one with sposies, and one with burp cloths and other accessories.

One potential drawback I can think of is that this kind of table might not "grow" as well with your child...I'm not sure what we'll do, but I figure we'll continue using it in DS's room w/ baskets for storage on the shelves and perhaps books, etc. on the top.

Oh, and no, the changing table wasn't part of the recall so far as I know.

Beth_in_CT
12-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks! I did just check out the line in Baby Bargains and they gave it an F!! So I guess I am back to square one and VERY frustrated :(