PDA

View Full Version : Hypo-allergenic bubble bath?

Nooknookmom
12-29-2008, 08:20 PM
DD2 loves bubbles but is seemingly allergic to any brand of body wash but Noodle & Boo. I can't seem to find a bubble bath made by them, the J&J I bought gave her a red/scaly painful rash.

Any ideas? I always tossed a squirt of dish soap in for DD1, but it didn't bother her skin (although most other detergents do?).

TIA

mom_hanna
12-29-2008, 08:27 PM
I know this won't go over well with a lot of people here, but we use the Mr. Bubble Bath Extra Gentle. It doesn't have any fragrances or dyes, and is tear free. We use it for my ds, who has severe eczema, and he does fine with it. We have yet to see any adverse effects. Ds and dd use it once or twice a week (they get baths every night).

neeleymartin
12-29-2008, 09:10 PM
we use california baby super sensitive formula. ds has very touchy skin and gets rashes ALL the time. it doesn't bubble at all and has a smell that resembles a new shower curtain. with the said, it's one of the safest, most chemical free products out there. and quite honestly that's the most important thing to me and not the bubbs. we also have used the bubble bath products by cb and they do make pretty good bubbles. they have a super sensitive i think. we only found the calming formula at our target. they stock cb products.

happy tub time!

SnuggleBuggles
12-30-2008, 12:17 AM
I bought the CA Baby one that comes with a bubble wand and it has been good. It is the sensitive (plain, no fragrance) kind.

Beth

Ceepa
12-30-2008, 12:22 AM
We have CB, but would like to find a less spendy option so I'm watching this thread. We love bubbles here too.

Nooknookmom
12-30-2008, 02:33 AM
Great options so far - thanks, I forgot about fragrance free, doh! Been a long time since I gave bubble baths, as DD1 is 13 ;)

brittone2
12-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Really bubbly products are usually going to contain sulfates, etc. which can be super drying for some kids.

We use CA Baby Super Sensitive body wash. It is not cheap, but one bottle lasts us a loooong time even with two kids. I use just a touch of it on each of them because it is really concentrated. I also don't generally bathe my kids daily...more like 2-3 x a week unless they really need more.

You could also try something like Dr. Bronner's baby soap (castile) soap for a less expensive option? It is a bigger concentrated jug of soap, but you can also use it for around the house applications (Castile soap is an awesome "green" cleaner). I've never really used it on my kids, but it always gets good safety ratings, etc.

For the occasional bubble bath, we use the packets of foaming bath from Aura Cacia Kids (Whole Foods and natural food stores often carry this. We order it through Frontier). It is a powder, and you pour it under running water and agitate it a bit with your hands to get it bubbling. It isn't as bubbly as something like Mr. Bubble, but my kids still enjoy it. We usually use the orange scent, but they have a Eucalyptus scent that I keep on hand to use when they have colds.

We usually make one packet last 2-3 baths. It runs about $2-3 bucks per pack retail if I remember right (cheaper through Frontier).