PDA

View Full Version : Hello From a Newbie!

TaterTot
12-29-2008, 11:09 PM
I couldn't find a forum specific to new member introduction, so I hope it's okay that I post one here. :) My name is Erin, and my husband and I are expecting our first baby in early April. We are obviously ecstatic, but wow - is there a lot to learn about all of the baby "stuff!" :D We need to register soon because of an upcoming baby shower, and we're clueless.

I purchase the Baby Bargains book this past weekend and found the address to the online message board there.

So anyway, hello! I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

overcome
12-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Welcome!
You are going to learn more than you ever dreamed of from the wonderful mamas on this board. Above and beyond what you learn from the book.

Enjoy!

DrSally
12-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Hi! It's great here and you'll learn a lot! I've learned so much. You're ahead of the game by joining before your baby arrives. You'll get lots of good advice on registry items. Love your username too!

TaterTot
12-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Whoops! I just saw a forum for intros. I gues I'll post there as well. Overcome and DrSally - thanks for the welcomes!

I'm off to inquire about strollers and car seats. I swear that subject makes my head spin! :lol

MamaKath
12-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Hi Erin! Welcome to the BBB and congratulations. There are lots of fantastic Mamas (and a few papas too) who are a wealth of info. Your user name is great, lol!

Happy 2B mommy
12-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Welcome, Erin. I learned a lot from the book, but even more from the great mamas here (esp in the carseat forum)

shawnandangel
12-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Welcome! I learned a lot from the book as well. Did you buy the Baby 411 book? I thought that one was even better. I go to it almost daily. My husband says "What does the book say!?" It's quite funny!

Welcome to the BBB! As everyone else has mentioned, a wealth of information! These mamas are great!

gatorsmom
12-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Welcome Erin! You'll love it here. My first baby is 5 years old and I still find stuff to ask about here almost daily. There's a lot of very knowledgeable mamas here.

KarenLud
12-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Welcome Erin! I'm pretty new around here too and have found these boards to be super helpful!

ShanaMama
12-30-2008, 01:57 AM
:wavey: Welcome! I love it here but hesitate to tell people IRL (in real life) because this is *my* place. Oh, and because they think I'm a know-it-all research maniac alien and I don't want to prove them wrong, lol.
You'll enjoy it here.

TraciG
12-30-2008, 08:53 AM
HI Erin , welcome, I love it here, I discovered it here too from the book while pregnant with my first DD,, she is now 5 so I've been here awhile !

Have fun here, it's addicting.

Good luck when your baby come's ! :)

TaterTot
12-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all of the welcomes!! There are SO many forums here - how do you all keep up to date with everyone!?

Still feeling overwhelmed, but I think I'll just chomp off a bit at a time and start with carseats/strollers/travel systems. And of course getting to know all of the lovely mommas (and papas) here. :)

Erin

JMS
12-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi Erin,
Welcome to a wonderful community and congratulations! As others have said, these boards are a wealth of valuable information and informed, caring and helpful moms. You'll get the hang of navigating between the different forums soon and in the meantime, take advantage of the great search function. Best of Luck!

SnuggleBuggles
12-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Welcome!

Beth

Pennylane
12-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Welcome! You are going to love it here.

Ann