PDA

View Full Version : The Love Dare/ Fireproof...

MamaKath
12-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Anyone read/see Fireproof? I just read it. We missed seeing it in the theatres (our one chance to go, the sitter got strep) so I have it on pre-order. In the meantime I got the book and poured through it. I am thinking about trying out The Love Dare (a seperate book). Anyone else see/read these? Thoughts?

pantrygirl
12-29-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm going through the dare but have not seen the film.

It's a slow go for me. I have not been able to hit each one on a daily basis but i do think it's a great meditation and have been trying to follow the exercises as much as possible.

At first I felt as if it was hindering rathering than helping us grow stronger but now I think I've shed that first layer and am starting to delve deeper into our relationship.

I'm doing it myself. I know some who are doing it with their husbands. I say go for it.

specialp
12-29-2008, 11:36 PM
I went with friends from Church to see it. A great message, but the cast are not professional actors (few exceptions) and it shows. So it's worth seeing, but don't expect a great movie.

MamaKath
12-29-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm doing it myself.

I say go for it.

It would be me by myself. At this point I figure just about anything is worth a try. Judging from the marriage thread in November, I had hopes someone might be trying it. Thanks for the encouragement!

MamaKath
12-29-2008, 11:44 PM
I So it's worth seeing, but don't expect a great movie.

This is what I heard about the first movie they put out too. I am looking forward to seeing it, the book [Frieproof] was pretty good. Enough of a story line to keep me interested, but still a quick read.

srhs
12-30-2008, 01:50 PM
I haven't read or seen either yet, but I plan to use some of my Christmas $ for the prebuy. If anyone would want to do a little discussion group online with the book, that might be helpful. Oh, BTW, our local "dollar movie" theatre currently has the movie playing.

MamaKath
12-30-2008, 02:53 PM
I would love to do some kind of a loop/discussion group. I read Day 1 in the Love Dare book last night. Should be easy since I am still away, but dh is not. ;) When I get home I anticipate it getting MUCH harder, lol.

jgenie
12-30-2008, 02:58 PM
I would be interested in the discussion group too. Off to see if my library has this.