PDA

View Full Version : Remind me what is the diahrea diet

HIU8
12-30-2008, 01:09 PM
apples
bananas
rice
pedialyte

What am I missing? DD has had diahrea for 2 days now and refuses to eat most anything or drink. I am basically tricking her and trying to get her to drink as much pedialyte as possible. Ped told me to look for 3 wet diapers every 24 hours or I have to take her to the ER for IV fluids.

BabyMine
12-30-2008, 01:36 PM
BRAT diet. You have everything except toast. You can do sips of pedialyte or do the popsicles. Hope your DD starts feeling better.

Fairy
12-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Actually, I wouldn't do apples so much as applesauce. Soft stuff that isn't citrusy. BRAT(sometimes)Y. Bananas, Rice (simple, nothing wild and crazy), Applesauce, Toast, and sometimes Yogurt to get the cultures, but that's a double-edged sword, there.

I've also done very plain roasted or boiled chicken, noodles, and some chicken broth.

Hope DC feels better!

egoldber
12-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Basically carbs and non-acidic foods. My ped does suggest yogurt and cutting out all juices, but pedialyte isn't really necessary unless the diarrhea is very frequent lasts for several days. Amy just got over a 7 day bout.

Fairy
12-30-2008, 01:57 PM
I'd cut out milk completely. Water, no juice, tho if you must, apple or pedialyte.

HIU8
12-30-2008, 02:46 PM
DD is doing apple or orange pedialyte, applesauce, pancakes, noodles. Today is day 2 of the diahrea-so far only one bout, but it's still early (yesterday it was 5 times). I was planning on a baked potato for dinner with some bland chicken if she will eat that. She refused toast so far. We just ran out of bananas so I'm off to get more b/c that is one of her favorite foods. I am so looking forward to this being over, and I know DD is.