PDA

View Full Version : I think I want a Pikkolo? Open to suggestions & need merchant rec...

srhs
12-30-2008, 03:10 PM
I have a 21lb. 8 mo. old and get to choose a soft carrier with my Christmas cash! :-)
I *think* I want the Pikkolo (over the Ergo or Beco), but I haven't seen any of these carriers IRL. I like the option for him to face out since he's such a curious LO.
Any others I should consider instead IYE?
Can you recommend a good online merchant with a good return policy just in case?

Many thanks!!! :signthankspin: I *know* I should/could scour TBW, but a few replies from you brilliant mamas on here will be all I need. :love-retry:

ahrimie
12-30-2008, 03:21 PM
i havent seen the piccolo before but i do love love my ergo. i thought my babe would want to look out like she did with the bjorn but she doesn't seem to miss it at all. nowadays, i start her off in the stroller when we go out but when she's tired of looking out and wants to sleep, i can put her in the ergo and put the little "hat" over her and she sleeps!! it's also great for the cold weather when we're going from here to there and are walking.

i was actually about to return the ergo but after using it once, i totally fell in love with it... SO much better than the bjorn and even my hubby who has a the exact opposite type of body than me can wear it comfortable. he literally weighs almost DOUBLE me.. hahha.. and is very stalky and wide shouldered/chested while i'm petite and skinny.

vahnessuh
01-01-2009, 03:45 PM
I have the Pikkolo... and just love love love it! I have some friends who had the Ergo before they have the Pikkolo... and they all chose the Pikkolo over the Ergo. I never had the Ergo before... but when I tried it out, I didn't like how my baby looks as if she's hanging on for dear life (I know she's not) and prefer how she's close to my body in the Pikkolo.

Also, my daughter loves to face out. I know people who love the Ergo said that the babies are fine if you just have them face in... but I like having the option for her to actually face out. And she loves it! She's super social and loves saying hi to people.

My husband and I have different body types and height... but we can easily tighten the straps on the Pikkolo to custom fit our bodies. Other people use it too... when they carry the baby... and there's no problem there.

www.theportablebaby.com was the most helpful website when I was researching for a carrier. They have a pretty good return policy... and I'm sure the owner of the website can help you choose which carrier should fit you if you were to email her =)

KarenLud
01-02-2009, 11:09 PM
I was just going to post a similar thread...wondering about the 2 mentioned carriers as well as the bjorn and how they compare. It seems almost silly to spend the money on the bjorn when the baby outgrows it so fast. I only want to buy one from newborn on up. Thoughts?

ahrimie
01-02-2009, 11:11 PM
the ergo has an infant insert but i hear you can just use a blanket inside the carrier too.

srhs
01-02-2009, 11:11 PM
I have the Pikkolo... and just love love love it!
Fantastic!!! I am almost SOLD! Do you do a back carry with yours? I read somewhere the straps do weird uncomfortable things to your chest. That is my only hesitation. I've read nothing but great things otherwise.

srhs
01-02-2009, 11:18 PM
I was just going to post a similar thread...wondering about the 2 mentioned carriers as well as the bjorn and how they compare. It seems almost silly to spend the money on the bjorn when the baby outgrows it so fast. I only want to buy one from newborn on up. Thoughts?

There was a good thread recently:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=310076
A-M gives the link to the portable baby chart that helps a ton!

KarenLud
01-02-2009, 11:49 PM
There was a good thread recently:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=310076
A-M gives the link to the portable baby chart that helps a ton!

Thanks!! :thumbsup:

ETA: That portable baby chart is amazing!

mamababa
01-05-2009, 04:09 PM
The Pikkolo rocks! Although I love my ERGO past three years old.

Laurel at www.CarryMeAway.com was super helpful in helping me choose. I got free shipping plus a free babywearing belt, so it was a great deal.

vahnessuh
01-06-2009, 06:11 AM
Fantastic!!! I am almost SOLD! Do you do a back carry with yours? I read somewhere the straps do weird uncomfortable things to your chest. That is my only hesitation. I've read nothing but great things otherwise.

Yeah, I sometimes do back carry with her when she's in a really clingy mood and I have tons of chores to do. I don't do it often though since I have a bad back and the back carry hurts me (shouldn't be a surprise since I had such a hard time when I was pregnant).

I think the people that had the weird uncomfortable things probably crossed the straps over their chest. While you can do that, you can also do it like normal backpack straps. I'm pretty sure that way won't be a problem. I've yet to try that though... my baby squirms like crazy so I just cross the straps over my chest in a hurry. It is uncomfortable with the straps over like that... but I don't keep her in the back carry for long anyway so it's fine.

vahnessuh
01-06-2009, 06:17 AM
You know... theportablebaby.com has the instruction manual on how to do the different carries. Now I feel foolish for crossing over the straps when I can do the backpack style straps much more easily! That's why people are supposed to keep the instruction manuals... Hahahah! Oh well...

http://theportablebaby.com/pdf/pikkolo_instruction_manual.pdf