PDA

View Full Version : Amy Coe Westport Crib

graphics
12-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Does anyone have any feedback on this Amy Coe Westport Crib sold at Babies R' Us? I haven't found any reviews of this piece... checked Baby Bargains, Consumer Reports, etc. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

sethshell15
01-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I am curious as well about the Amy Coe crib line. The 2 in BRU look great, but with no reviews anywhere it is a bit worrisome. The BRU website reviews all seem to rave, but curious what everyone things on this site about the cribs. Can anyone help??

Thanks!

nyweather
01-07-2009, 12:20 PM
BRU Seacaucus has it displayed on the floor (only BRU in Tri State that has it!!).

I was not impressed with the quality. It did feel sturdy but you can see glue and paint in between the slats. And though the website description state solid wood and wood veneers, store tag said MDF only.

Also drawers of changing table are exceptionally shallow.

I was really excited about this crib but unfortunately for me at least it didn't match up with all the hype.

So we're back to square 1 and RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!!

sethshell15
01-07-2009, 04:35 PM
nyweather....

jsut FYI, both AmyCoe cirbs are setup at the BRU in East Hanover, NJ and Bridgewater, NJ. May be a little trek for you, but if you wanted to check them out at another location, just FYI.

I also was wondering why the tag set MDF. Based on the reviews on BRU website, it seems the base is solid wood, and perhaps the bottom drawer and slats are veener (over MDF assumed).

The reviewers on the BRU website are all positive. I think we are leaning to going with this set.

fmb
01-27-2009, 01:40 AM
I registered for this site hoping to find this exact info. Would be useful to have a review somewhere. FWIW, I think the Amy Coe is a knock off of the Oeuf design.