PDA

View Full Version : anyone have the American Girl Mini-dolls??

Babywhite
12-30-2008, 09:48 PM
My niece really wants an American Girl girl for her birthday. She wants all of them (don't they all), but my SIL says she can only have one. She has decided on the "Just Like You" doll. My SIL has 2 others who also want the "Just Like You" dolls when they get old enough, so my SIL had this idea...

Maybe buy the mini-dolls for all of them to enjoy when she is reading the stories to them...

She would really like some input from others b/f starting to save for these dolls for next Christmas --- (a gift from Santa to all of them)...

Does anyone have them? What do you think/ what did your girl(s) think about the small ones?

TIA for your help!

brittone2
12-30-2008, 09:53 PM
No personal experience, but IIRC Costco had a decent price on these early in the holiday season. My dd is too young yet so I only glanced at them. Costco doesn't carry the same stuff year to year all that reliably, but if she's still interested in them next year, maybe you can check Costco or find someone w/ a membership to buy them.

Babywhite
12-30-2008, 10:35 PM
I had no idea that Costco would carry the American Girl mini-dolls. Was it the entire set or did you have to buy each one individually?

Any ideas about the price??

Thanks for the info.

Babywhite

brittone2
12-30-2008, 10:50 PM
These are the really small dolls (sort of like the height of Barbie but not as slender)...I think Barnes and Noble carries them too? Anyway, if I'm thinking of the right thing, yes, costco had them early this holiday season, paired w/ a book.

eta-old thread that might be helpful. Costco had a set that was about $30 and apparently was considered a good deal.
https://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=303930&page=4