PDA

View Full Version : Only 3 days at WDW...which parks should we visit?...DD is 5

rlmomto5
12-31-2008, 12:39 PM
We only have 3 days at Disney, and I was wondering what my DD would like best. Should we spend all 3 days at MK? Thanks in advance

Renee

kdeunc
12-31-2008, 12:58 PM
We just got back with our two boys who turned 4 and 6 while we were there. We did all 4 parks. If we were going to do a shorter trip I would go to Magic Kingdom 2 days and Epcot the other day. The 6 year old really liked Epcot, he rode Mission Space, Test Track and Soarin as well as the "calmer" attractions. We also were able to visit with all of the characters in Epcot much quicker than we would have been able to in MK. Animal Kingdom was good but we have a really great zoo in our state and my 4 year old didn't have much attention span for the shows. They were both terrorized by the Dinosaur ride. Hollywood Studios had a Playhouse Disney show the 4 year old loved and the Toy Story ride which generally seemed to have a wait time of 1 minute past forever! You will have fun whichever you choose. Have a great time.

Momof3Labs
12-31-2008, 06:39 PM
3 days at MK would do me in, lol. I'd do a day at MK and a day at Epcot, then on the third day go back and do some of her favorites. Epcot is my 6yo's and my 3yo's favorite park - they both beg to go back there day after day! The Epcot food options are some of the best out there (even counter service options) in the WDW parks, IMO, which is a bonus for mom and dad.

rlmomto5
12-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Thank you both for your replies! Could you tell me what there is to do at Epcot. My DD doesn't like scary rides...neither do I. lol

Momof3Labs
12-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Nemo ride, turtle talk with Crush, Soarin (not scary - like swings), Land boat ride, Spaceship Earth ride, Test Track (not scary either although it goes fast in one spot), Innoventions which is like a children's museum, Kidcot fun stops, Norway boat ride, wander through the countries and watch the street shows, fireworks at night, character meet and greets tend to be less crazy than at MK. Just to name a few things...

egoldber
12-31-2008, 07:44 PM
I agree with Lori. A full day at MK, a full day at Epcot and then a day to go back and re-do favs or things you missed the first time. You could also do Downtown Disney, the Boardwalk area (easy walk from Epcot), or a meal at a monorail hotel.

rlmomto5
12-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks so much everyone! Looks like we will be doing a day at Epcot. I just never realized there was that much to do there.

Thanks again,
Renee