PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Lexie Tote or Skip Hop Duo Deluxe?

marchmommy
12-31-2008, 03:07 PM
I saw a Fleurville Lexie Tote at Nordstroms today, marked down from $165 to $89; it's black and white and comes with clips to clip onto a stroller. Does anyone have this bag and have any feedback on it??? It's between that and a Skip Hop Duo Deluxe in the Bloom/Blossom pattern ($54), for me....(I'm trying to match to a black stroller..)

I like the waterproof aspect of the Fleurville, and it felt a good fit over my arm; the changing pad is small, and I'm not sure if the two outside pockets are big enough to be useful. The Skip Hop has a flap on the outside for the changing pad, which the Fleurville doesn't have (it might be nice to have the changing pad not inside the bag with everything else, since it can get dirty), and a few outside pockets which seemed roomy. But it didn't fit as well over my arm, but I didn't shorten the strap; also the Blossom pattern is attractive but a little drab. Any feeback would be appreciated!!! I'm having DD in February....And I have a 4 year old and 6 year old if that helps with anything....

TIA!

hellokitty
12-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Do both bags stand up on their own? I have the original skip hop and one of the most irritating things about it, is that it does not stand up on its own. FWIW, I think that with your kids' ages, you don't even need a traditional diaper bag. Do your kids both still ride the stroller? I ditched the traditional diaper bags by the time my older child was potty trained and I only had to carry diaper changing supplies for my youngest.

marchmommy
12-31-2008, 04:59 PM
I also ditched my diaper bag after the youngest was potty trained but I'm having a baby in 5 weeks! The Fleurville does have little studs under it that allow it to stand up--I'm thinking it will be good, but would still like feedback! Perhaps I could get an extra changing pad to put in there (the one it comes with was a few inches shorter than the SKip Hop one)....