PDA

View Full Version : rechargable AA batteries for camera?

doberbrat
01-01-2009, 12:16 PM
after a year, I'm getting tierd of buying AA batteries. the ultra energizer batteries do last a while but I'd like to get rechargable ones as well. any recommendations? (and a charger)

Thanks!

tarabenet
01-01-2009, 12:34 PM
We have switched to rechargables for everything that takes batteries. Maybe I'm just not very observant, but I haven't really noticed a difference among the name-brand ones we've used. All I'm seeing in the "spares" drawer are Ray-O-Vac and Energizer, but there may be others. Our Energizer brand multi-charger still seems to be fine.

I think everyone knows not to mix battery types, but I only recently learned that you shouldn't even mix brands of the same type. I don't know the ins and outs of why, but my DH who told me not to mix, is an electrical engineer, so I figure there must be reasons. (And he isn't OCD or anything so it isn't just that he needs all the same color!)

I feel much better switching to the rechargeables for everything. And I feel like we get longer between charges than we got out of a set of the other kind of batteries. That's in cameras, toys, my clip-on reading light, etc. It seems like a lot of money up-front, but it more than evens out pretty quickly.

mrshalco
01-01-2009, 08:48 PM
We have this charger and are extremely happy with the speed and the quality of it!! http://www.promaster.com/products/products.asp?CatID=50&CatSM=&SubCatID=7&CatName=Batteries&SubCatName=Ni-MH&sm=sm2_507&dir=&page=PROD&product=4165

We use the batteries in our digital camera, our flip video camera, our wireless keyboard, and wireless mouse. It will charge in "59 minutes" but I have found that it takes about 10-15 minutes at the most to get a full charge. It also has a car adapter which I think comes in handy if you are on the way somewhere and remember that you didn't charge the battery! (I keep the charger and cords in my camera bag!)

jenmcadams
01-01-2009, 09:24 PM
I got two sets of Sony Rechargeable AAs for my camera with a charger from Amazon years ago and they work great. They last a ton longer than the disposable Kirkland ones. Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Battery-Charger-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00012F7HS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_6?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1230859410&sr=8-6

kransden
01-02-2009, 01:04 PM
I have an Energizer charger and batteries that I have had for a couple of years. Everything still works great, and I bought it at Wal-Mart or Target.