PDA

View Full Version : Matching Infat Girl Shoes

ray7694
01-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I had a ds first and I am struggling with what shoes to buy my dd who just started walking. It seems like everything is pink. She has many outfits that don't have pink.

What have you found matches the most outfits. Of course I want the most bang for my buck. TIA!

nfowife
01-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Ebay seller shoeszoo sells robeez type shoes in every color for great prices and with fast shipping.
For rubber bottoms, my favorites for newer walkers are riley roos and the stride rite level 1's. Also Target has great girls shoes on the endcap for new walkers in the shoe section (boys was not so great, but the girls are usually pretty cute!).

brittone2
01-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Robeez, Starchild (we have some of these, and they are soooo soft! Made in the UK too), shoeszoo (had some of those for DS and they held up well for the price). Pedipeds-not sure how many gender neutral color shoes they have but I'm fairly sure they have brown, black, etc.

My fav shoe place of all is softstarshoes....lots of gender neutral and customizable options, made in the US and a very, very family friendly company. I haven't used their baby shoes, but once the kids were walking more outside, etc. we used their ones with the very flexible rubber sole. In any case, they are my absolute favs, but they are a bit spendy. Definitely lots of options for leather colors and customizable options.

eta: we have pink shoes, but DD has worn some brown mary janes a lot. Softstar should also have white leather as an option.

WatchingThemGrow
01-01-2009, 03:47 PM
This sounds nuts (maybe it is...) but when I'm trying to coordinate clothes and figure out what color shoes DD needs, this is what I do: I lay out all the clothes along the couch, then try to group them into usually two groups - things that need pink shoes (TOOO much girls' stuff) and the other category. Usually red ends up being the common denominator in the rest of the stuff, sometimes navy. Sometimes, I'll get both in addition to the pink, but I think that was more since she was 18 mos, not a brand new walker.

I felt like with a pair of red-based Robeez and pink ones, we were pretty much set. We did the same as we moved up to See Kai Run, and again this season, same thing only the pink ones ended up being sneakers, with the red and the navy being the dressier shoes. I would only do this when they stop growing a size every other month. That drove me nuts, shoe-wise.

Melaine
01-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Right now my girls have 5 pairs of shoes: Red crocs, black mary jane crocs, pink stride rite mary janes tennis shoes, brown circo boots, and purple robeez.
I actually intended to order pink crocs instead of red, but they were OOS or something, so I got red. I have been really surprised that the red crocs get the most use out of all the shoes. They are not a bright red, but ruby red:
http://shop.crocs.com/pc-21-4-kids-cayman.aspx?navcategories=31,120
They pretty much look fine with any colors, and they seem to harmonize better than pink. That, and my girls love crocs and that's all they want to wear....

CiderLogan
01-01-2009, 03:59 PM
For fall/winter, go with black or navy mary janes. For spring/summer, get white.