PDA

View Full Version : If You Have Ordered From Oriental Trading...

randomkid
01-02-2009, 12:18 AM
How long does it usually take to receive your order? I just placed an order for lollipops for DD's b-day party at school, which I am tentatively planning for the 12th. When I ordered, it said "estimated delivery date Jan. 13". That's nearly 2 weeks! Will it really take that long? I'm taking my chances that it won't, but thought I'd ask how long it has taken others to receive orders from them.

specialp
01-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Yes, they tend to be a bit slow in my experience. My orders usually come either the day before or the day of their estimate.

bethie_73
01-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Gosh I don't pay attention to their estimates so I"m not sure, but I do know that I've had things within a week and others its taken over 2 weeks. SO their estimates are probably pretty good. They have pretty good customer service you can call and see what is up though.

Pennylane
01-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Yes, I would count on it taking that long. I ordered some swirl pops about 3 weeks before Christmas and just received them this past Monday.

Ann

mamaoftwins
01-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Yep, things usually take around 2wks to get to me.

MamaKath
01-02-2009, 05:35 PM
1-2 weeks depending on the stuff I order. It seems more like it depends on how quickly they can stock the orders and send them out.

Tondi G
01-02-2009, 06:15 PM
it all depends... sometimes their estimate is right on and other times I am surprised and it comes sooner!

ThreeofUs
01-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Sometimes they're really fast; other times they are unbelievably slow.

That said, if the shipping time is sufficient to get the items to you on time, and said items do not get there on time, all you have to do is call OTC CS and they will refund your money. If you were really counting on the items coming on time, this may not help much, but it's something.

randomkid
01-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks everyone. I actually changed the date of DD's party at school to the following week. Just works out better with my work schedule and will give the items from OTC plenty of time to get here. Just wasn't willing to take any chances, ya know? Your info helped me decide that changing the date was the right thing to do.